• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

College of Metahumans [Closed]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Hey everybody!

This looks like a good point to start bringing everyone together! I'll post tonight, wrapping up the individual adventures, and again tomorrow to start bringing everyone together.

It's also a good time to introduce amulet, who's going to be picking up the character Rinea.

So, unless anyone wants to add anything, let's move on to issue 2!
-DN

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Wrapping up stuff

All characters that have participated thus far receive five power points. Enjoy, guys! Don't spend them all in one place!

Synchronicity:Just one question for you. What would James want done with his sister? The school can take care of her in their health center, or he can check her into the hospital under an assumed name.

Synchronicity

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Synchronicity:Just one question for you. What would James want done with his sister? The school can take care of her in their health center, or he can check her into the hospital under an assumed name.

James'll probably think hard over that for quite a while before eventually biting the bullet and asking Mr Bell if there's anywhere at the school they can take care of her. He doesn't really want other people to know about her, but after the kidnap attempt, he'll eventually decide that having her close by him so he can protect her is the best option. He'd ask if she could maybe be kept somewhere a little private, out of the way sort of thing so the fewest people know she's there, but it depends how possible that is in the school. I think that's it..let's hope rumours don't begin of a ghostly girl haunting the school, eh? :heh:

Synchronicity

First Post
Oh, and I'd like to spend my points as follows:

1) Heroic Surge feat (2pp)
2) Wisdom +2 (2pp)
3) Acrobatics +2 ranks (1 pp)

I'll update James in the Rogue's Gallery with the changes.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Yes, there will be a new post. I appologize that I have not put it up yet, but I've been deathly ill for the past couple of days.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Almost missed this post as I don't check the ooc forum much anymore. Not sure if I'll spend or bank my points yet. Will try to decide soon.

Are you planning on pushing things ahead to the open house, or skip past that and move straight into the beginning of the school year? Just curious.

Looking forward to meeting the other characters.

Amulet

First Post
Rinea's Background (Abridged)

The Tale of Rinea Silverstar

Rinea Silverstar is the child of Thalose and Divera Silverstar of Duramnia. The planet Duramnia is in the Davinia system, on the outer rim of the Torbin galaxy. To an Earthling, Rinea is very odd, in many ways like a typical teenage Earth girl, but in many ways very alien. She does not consciously realize that she has power within her. Things just happen. If she wants a snack, one is there for her to eat. She has a hard time understanding humans motivations and desires because of this. The human concepts of fear, greed and power are as alien to her as compassion and desire.

When Rinea first awakened in her ice cocoon on planet Earth, a young man called Max met her. “Planet Earth…” she paused for a long moment, thinking. “I have never heard of Earth. That is good, it means we are far away from the Affinity.” When Max mentioned that he had never heard of the Affinity, she looked shocked, and pleased at the same time. “The Affinity are invaders who came to my planet. We tried to fight, but they took over everything. I was able to escape with a few others…” she looked around. “Are they here?”

Things on Earth were strange. Most common everyday items were a foreign concept to her. Upon seeing a car, she expressed her amazement at such a device. She walked around it a few times, before climbing up onto the roof and looking in through the windshield. “Amazing! You can see this beast’s insides through its eyes!”

Max had questioned her about herself. She related this story: “We were fleeing the Affinity, my family and I. We did not know how long the trip would be, so we all went into a cold sleep. But I do not know what happened to our ship… or to my family.” She looked down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. She then gave Max a small smile. “Thank you.” She looked at Max for a long moment, before smiling. “My name is Rinea. Rinea Silverstar.”

Max tried to explain about Earth. “It all sounds very mysterious,” Rinea said, after listening to his story. When he asked about her, she paused for a moment, thinking. At last, she spoke. “I am from the planet Duramnia, in the Davinia system. It was a small planet, but it was home. Not long ago, it was invaded by the Affinity, strange grey creatures. Though we tried to fight, we were overrun. They started to change our planet in some way, but my family tried to leave before we could learn how.” She hesitated because the story did not make much sense to her either.

Max asked about the ice ship. “The ice? No, it is not the way we usually travel. It was something my father had been working on, to help escape the Affinity’s scanners. Max asked her draw an Affinity soldier. Rinea took the pad and paper into her hands and began to draw. As she did so, she answered his other questions. At last, the drawing was complete, and she showed it to him. It was clear that she was not an artist, but Max was able to get a general idea of what it looked like. The creature looked very similar to the stereotypical alien: bipedal, with two long, spindly arms, a head that seemed too big for its body. Its only facial features were large, black eyes, and a thin, lip-less mouth. “This is what they look like, but they can take the form of any person they’ve met before.”

The next day, she went with Max to meet some people. Rinea was excited, because she liked to meet new people. As they made their way toward the building, Rinea was quite fascinated with the bustle of the city. She stopped several times to examine items that interested her, including once in the middle of the street to look at an oncoming bus. Max, her new friend, ‘saved’ her from being hit by the truck. What odd social customers these people have.

-Amulet

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Ack! Sorry, Rybaer, I completely missed your question. I'd like to play through a small portion of the open house. We will not be spending too much time on it, but there are a few things that need to be addressed.

Last edited:

Remove ads