Comedy and comedians…

No, I know his back-story I just don't know what is meant by the "boycott list."

Just my personal list of people, who have committed sexual harrassment or assault or rape, I do my best to not give my time or money. But if people are comfortable supporting Louis CK or Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein, or so many others in entertainment or politics, that is their choice. I can't even laugh at Chris Rock anymore.

But like others said, give me some good old George Carlin or Robin Williams routines, or Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, and I will have a good laugh at politically incorrect stuff that does not devolve into demeaning or harassing women. I also miss Judy Tenuta.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Just rewatched Mike Birbiglia’s special “What I Should Have Said Was Nothing.” Fantastic special. If you’re not familiar he does storytelling with some comedy. Some of my favorite bits are “oh no,” “sorry I’m your celebrity,” “sleepy Carl,” and “I know, I’m also in the future.”

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Just rewatched Mike Birbiglia’s special “What I Should Have Said Was Nothing.” Fantastic special. If you’re not familiar he does storytelling with some comedy. Some of my favorite bits are “oh no,” “sorry I’m your celebrity,” “sleepy Carl,” and “I know, I’m also in the future.”
I think I first heard of him when he first (I think) told his story about his sleepwalking (more serious than it sounds) on The Moth podcast years ago. He's a great storyteller. (And a surprisingly good actor -- he was on Orange is the New Black as one of the goodish guys.)

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Watching a fair amount of Felipe Esparza and Gabriel Iglesias on YouTube.

Stumbled across Franco Escamilla on Netflix. Watched his special “Por la añecdota” twice. Really funny stuff. I’ll be watching his other two specials in the next week or two.

Dioltach

Legend
The wife just bought us tickets to see Kevin Bridges in Amsterdam. He's hilarious. I won't post a link because of religious content, but I recommend looking up his bit about Joseph being Jesus's stepdad.

Remove ads