Company of the Bitter Blade - beginnings

Sidekick

First Post
An offer given

OOC: sorry for the delay, I had a shocker weekend and the rest you know, oh and yes Tok, that was you.]

Slowly but surely the night wears on. You swap stories of what you';ve each been doing since you last saw eachother. And Tok watches you and the rest for signs of troubles.

Soon after dinner the barman rings the bell "Last drinks everyone". And he takes the final orders from the bar.

Within the hour he is clearing out all the other patrons. He turns to each of you and asks " Letter please" He looks expectantly at each of you.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Sidekick said:
Within the hour he is clearing out all the other patrons. He turns to each of you and asks " Letter please" He looks expectantly at each of you.

Somewhat shocked and annoyed at myself, thinking of course the bar staff would be in on watever we are getting ourselves into I hand him my letter, hoping for the best.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Well, I guess it's just us and them Tok thinks to himself as he pulls out his letter and hands it to the barkeep.

He turns to the others and says "Hello old friends. It's been some time. I am glad to see you all are well." After he says this, Tok changes into his true self, gathers together his things, and joins Anvuss, Hobbes, and Magnus at their table.

"I hope you'll excuse my rudeness. I thought it would be best for all of us, in case of trouble, to have an unknown factor in our favor: Me."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
ShaggySpellsword said:
Well, I guess it's just us and them Tok thinks to himself as he pulls out his letter and hands it to the barkeep.

He turns to the others and says "Hello old friends. It's been some time. I am glad to see you all are well." After he says this, Tok changes into his true self, gathers together his things, and joins Anvuss, Hobbes, and Magnus at their table.

"I hope you'll excuse my rudeness. I thought it would be best for all of us, in case of trouble, to have an unknown factor in our favor: Me."

Hobbes slaps his forhead in amazement, "Tok good to actually SEE you again and I wondered why you seemed so interested in our group and now I understand what you shouted out earlier. Thankfully I have been away from civilization and forgot about the subtleties of you humans. Not like the animal world where you know if you are the hunted or the hunter." Turning to the Barkeep, "So barkeep, or whomever you are", looking suspiciously at him, "What do you have in mind for us, or did you just want ro reunite some old friends?"

GPEKO

First Post
Magnus

As Magnus hands his letter to the barman, Tok reveals himself. "Tok! By the holy strengh of Dol Dorn, why do you mudfaces errr ... I mean changelings always have to be so sneaky? At least, try to give us some signs it is you next time. Well, good to see you all the same." He pauses for a moment, letting go of the frustration and turning to face the barman of the establishment. "So, now that you have all of our letters, can you inform us what this is all about? We are all very curious."

Patlin

Explorer
"Tok! Now my happiness is complete. All that remains is the mystery that brings us here." Anvuss looks at the barkeep for reaction, and then looks around to see if anyone else is arriving.

Sidekick

First Post
Once the Barkeep has inspected all of your letters he moves to the back room, opens the door and says "Follow me please".

He leads you into a back room with a simple table for roughly six people and sitting at it is one of the strangest sights you've seen in years...

Before you sits a middle aged human male, dressed in full-cyrean military regalia. "Welcome gentlemen, please sit. I am Captain Boltham, formally of the Queen's Guard & now a member of the Company of the Bitter Blade."

I have a job offer of sorts. My 'minders' in House Denieth do not want us to meddle in international relations. However meddle I shall. Swear to tell no-one about what passes between us & I shall give you the opportunity to fight for Cyre once more!"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Sidekick said:
Before you sits a middle aged human male, dressed in full-cyrean military regalia. "Welcome gentlemen, please sit. I am Captain Boltham, formally of the Queen's Guard & now a member of the Company of the Bitter Blade."

Anvuss moves heavilly into the room, nodding in response to the greeting and taking the offered chair. He stumbles into it a bit heavilly, and it shudders alarmingly beneath him. Fortunately, it remains whole.

Sidekick said:
I have a job offer of sorts. My 'minders' in House Denieth do not want us to meddle in international relations. However meddle I shall. Swear to tell no-one about what passes between us & I shall give you the opportunity to fight for Cyre once more!"

"An interesting request, Captain Boltham. You wish us to swear to tell no one of this meeting, yet we do not know on what subject we are to speak. My mind boggles at the possibilities. Can you give us any indications of your intentions? I am still new to such dealings, but it has recently been pointed out to me that some orders should not be obeyed. Knowing this to be true, I am uncertain I should agree blindly to such conditions. For example, what if you were to propose some plan to forward the interests of Cyre through some horrible means, such as by sacrificing innocent children on a demonic altar in exchange for the services of the demon. I believe my companions would urge me not to comply with such a scheme, and indeed to oppose it. Yet, by opposing it, I might reveal it in contravention of the oath you suggest. Then again, if you proposed so reprehensible of a scheme, perhaps you would not be the type of sentient who sees value in an oath to begin with...."

Anvuss pauses to think about this for a bit, then turns to his friends with a shrug of confusion. "How should we proceed?"

GPEKO

First Post
Magnus looks at Anvuss, a little bit stunned. What have I done?

Magnus tries to remedy to Anvuss social awkwardness. "Calm down Anvuss. All the captain has ask us, for now, is to swear to keep our conversation secret. He apparently knows about us and that it would be foolish to make us such a vile proposition." Magnus turns to face Captain Boltham. "I will swear my silence, as I believe you have the good of Cyre at heart. But I can only speak for myself. Perhaps, Captain, you could lift some of my compagnions' doubts by giving us more details about yours goals and affiliations."

OOC: Diplomacy +3, Sense motive +2, if it's necessary. Also, does Magnus (or anyone else for that matter) has ever heard of this Captain Boltham?

Last edited:

Remove ads