Complete D&D Monster Index (September 2007)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Thanks for pointed out those glitches. The correct URL for the CR 6 nagpa is this and there's also a CR 8 version here, as well as the CR 2 version. I've fixed this for the next index release.

Most of those duplicate are because the spreadsheet gets two line entries if a reference contains both a monster stat block and racial stats for a creature. Similarly for templates that also include examples. But if you set the "Entry" filter to just "Monster", all the duplicates should vanish :) .

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Odd. I tried editing the original post, and uploading a fresh copy, but it seems as if ENWorld is having trouble with attachments (or at least this attachment).

But you can get a copy of the index here too ;).

Mortis

First Post
Echohawk said:
Odd. I tried editing the original post, and uploading a fresh copy, but it seems as if ENWorld is having trouble with attachments (or at least this attachment).
I'd have waited and included the 'corrections' in the October release (assuming there is one) if I were you.

I did what you suggested and filtered for the monster entry (filters: rules: dnd3.5, entry: monster, source: Vaults of Pandius) and this reduced the missing CRs to 3 namely :-

Code:
http://www.pandius.com/jumper.html	Jumper
http://www.pandius.com/mpnative.html	Man, Primitive: Native
http://www.pandius.com/mpbarbrn.html	Man, Primitive; Barbarian

and the Tyminid is missing the url to its converion on the Vaults.

Must try it with the updated list :)

Regards
Mortis

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Mortis said:
I'd have waited and included the 'corrections' in the October release (assuming there is one) if I were you.
That's the plan -- I didn't upload a new version of the spreadsheet, just a fresh copy of the September release, since the original attachment was broken (and still seems to be).

And a November release is more likely than October; I'm in the middle of moving house. :confused:

That particular conversion of the jumper doesn't list a CR. I've fixed the primitive humans and the tyminid URL though, thanks.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hope the move is going well, Echohawk! A question: are you going to include new monsters from the Pathfinder Bestiary once you get around to a new edition of your wondiferous index? They have some interesting new beasties and a few that are very close to conversions...

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Thanks. The move is going well. But I've only unpacked about 10% of my D&D collection so far. I keep getting distracted and reading things I haven't looked at for a while :).

No, I hadn't planned to include the Pathfinder Bestiary in the index. The current criteria for inclusion in the index is that a creature has to be a D&D creature, rather than a d20 creature. I'm nervous about expanding it to d20 creatures in general, in case that makes me compulsively collect every d20 product with a monsters in it... :confused:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Does ToH qualify because it's a conversion book? As far as Pathfinder goes, I was just curious, but I noticed that issue 2 has a "revenant" and a "lamia matriarch" which seem at first glance to be variant conversions.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Don't go there Echohawk...you'll definitely collect yourself into bankruptcy!

I do think a Paizo index is a good idea, though. Include Gamemastery modules as well as Pathfinder. We could just compile one here (assuming someone hasn't already done one on Paizo's boards).

Remove ads