Confess your lack of taste

Aeolius

Adventurer
I regularly read fansites for "Surface", for a year or more after the series was cancelled.

I didn't care for the newer incarnation of BSG... bored me to tears.

I'm looking forward to the second season of "True Blood" in May.

If they remade "Mansquito" as a musical I would probably watch it, so long as it was of the same caliber as Dr Horrible's Song-Along Blog.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I forgot a big one:

I think Matt and Mohinder are the most interesting characters on Heroes (Sylar too) and they are the only reason I continue to watch a show that jumped the shark in its first season.

frankthedm

First Post
Generally I'm a "Less drama, More Trauma" person. Though the only Troma brand movie i can stand was Slither, which I like immensely.

I could enjoy AVP, though I feel AVPR was far more watchable.

I sometimes enjoyed Lexx episodes more than Farscape. Stopped liking Lexx so much once Prince showed up though.

Blade Runner. I don't really "get" why it's so popular.
I'd guess the Cyber-genre fans like the drama more than I do. Though they did not have a lot of options at the time. I could appreciate some of the movies visuals and elements, but the movie felt really slow to me.
Unpopular movies I liked:
Van Helsing
Wild Wild West
Entertaining, yes. Loved the first and third werewolves in Van Helsing.
Vampires (the James Woods version)
Great movie. I own the book and plan to read it one day too.
I couldn't get past the first season of the new Battlestar Galactica.
I didn't care for the newer incarnation of BSG... bored me to tears.
The episodes of the first season that i saw were way too drama heavy. Some of the concepts that were being used were ok, but it felt like they were pandering to a soap opera audience.
I liked the recent "Godzilla" movie with Matthew Broderick.
I found Gino’s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(1998_film) movie to be entertaining. I suspect the Gojira fans are just bitter that the US one got a decent budget.
Popular movies that bored me/I don't like:
The last two Pirates of the Caribbean movies
I felt the second one was fine, but the third was mediocre with a few decent scenes.
Unpopular movies I liked:
From Dusk til Dawn
:hmm: Who says this is an unpopular movie? This is one of the better vampire movies out there.
Misc
I don't use "hate" often, but I hate country music and rap/hip-hop.
Parody country music has its charms.
I love pulp fiction novels and would gladly take the entire Barsoom series and anything by Howard or Lovecraft over any "important" literature.
Why do you think this represents a lack of taste?:p

Mercutio01

First Post
Who says this is an unpopular movie? This is one of the better vampire movies out there.
Cult following, not mass success. Since the budget was low, it didn't need a huge success at the box office to make money.

Why do you think this represents a lack of taste?:p
That would be more because I'm a literature wonk and I used to get a lot of flak at grad school and still do get a lot from literature and writing teachers/professors that I know.

I just thought of another one - Battlestar Galatica holds absolutely zero appeal for me.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Never got into Heroes or Lost, though with the former, that's seeming more and more like a good choice in retrospect.

I enjoyed Van Helsing, Matrix: Reloaded (but not Revolutions), the Transporter movies, and Star Trek: Nemesis.

I thoroughly despised the Animatrix.

Brad

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I will watch anything Star Trek if I see it on and have the time to kill. Even Voyager.

I love the original Blade Runner movie, but the 1992 director's cut is painful.

Enforcer

Explorer
I hate the Lord of the Rings (the books anyways). So boring.

I didn't like Blade Runner in any of the 4,000 "cuts" that they've made of it.

I actually liked Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books 7-9 (but he lost me forever with Book 9, Repeated, Crossroads of Twilight).

I don't care for Star Trek the original series, but I really liked TNG and DS9.

I thought the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie was decent.

Remove ads