Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
That looks fine to me. A constrictor snake is a probably a "2nd-level creature" so the equivalent of a summon monster IV would get you 1d4+1 of them.

Would you prefer 1d4+1 to 2d4? I'm fine either way.

I'm in favour of dropping the "Moonsea" name and adding an In The Realms underbar.

Spirit Constrictor is OK I suppose, but I would quite like to reference its original "Headless Avenger" name.

Headless Spirit Constrictor?

I'd rather not. "Headless avenger" was simply a chapter-title thingee...it was never used as an actual name for the creature. That said, I don't mind name-dropping it within the flavor text somewhere.

Updated.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
You're missing an "l" in "availabe" in the tactics but it's pretty well done except for that.

Cleon

Legend
Would you prefer 1d4+1 to 2d4? I'm fine either way.

I'd prefer 1d4+1, but I'm not that bothered about it.

I'd rather not. "Headless avenger" was simply a chapter-title thingee...it was never used as an actual name for the creature. That said, I don't mind name-dropping it within the flavor text somewhere.

Updated.

That's OK by me.

It looks pretty well finished, just needs a quick check for errors.

Cleon

Legend
Hold on, I've just thought of something. Since it has interchangeable heads, shouldn't it have a SQ something like this:

Survive Headlessness (Ex): A spirit constrictor does not need a head to live. It can be decapitated by a vorpal weapon and will not automatically die, although it can still be killed by the normal damage from a decapitating blow.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hmm, that could be ok to add. I feel like there are other monsters that can survive a vorpal crit, but I think they rely on DM interpretation of the vorpal weapon rules. Of course, I guess most of them don't have heads.

Cleon

Legend
Hmm, that could be ok to add. I feel like there are other monsters that can survive a vorpal crit, but I think they rely on DM interpretation of the vorpal weapon rules. Of course, I guess most of them don't have heads.

Have we finished with it then?

Apart from the Survive Headlessness the only thing I could come up with is having it be able to "see without a head".

e.g.:

Survive Headlessness (Ex): A spirit constrictor does not need a head to live. It can be decapitated by a vorpal weapon and will not automatically die, although it can still be killed by the normal damage from a decapitating blow. A spirit constrictor can sense its surroundings without penalty while headless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads