Coolest. Gaming Set-up. Evar.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Buttercup said:
Sadly, two of my players have never even sprung for a copy of the PHB, they'd never cough up the dough for a setup like this.

No offense to your players, but I can never understand that, especially those people who spend every week playing. If you spend that much time playing, why not invest in your game some more. At least buy the damn book!

I have a theory that the less people play, the more books they buy. Maybe it's because you're too busy playing to read... :)

Greylock

First Post
Wow. I'm impressed by the clever use of the NWN toolset. Never thought of doing that, and yes, it really is that easy. Neat idea...

Storminator

First Post
Zappo said:
I think I've already seen this in another thread. It's so very cool. There are two main things that prevent me from considering it:

2) I use my laptop as a DM screen. I use it in game to view the adventure, the SRD, to keep notes, make rolls and all. I couldn't use to project maps.

Most projectors have a "freeze" button. Throw up the image, hit freeze, and your laptop is free to do as you will.

Of course if you don't use minis, that's pretty moot...

PS

Steel_Wind

Legend
Storminator said:
Most projectors have a "freeze" button. Throw up the image, hit freeze, and your laptop is free to do as you will.

Of course if you don't use minis, that's pretty moot...

PS

Alternatively, you do not have to have the projector act as a clone of your laptop monitor, but as a second monitor that you simply extend your desktop to. This is the default setup for second monitors under most video chipsets under Win XP.

Extending your desktop on to the second monitor (the projector)leaves your laptop screen private and free to use it as you like.

Remove ads