Coolest. Gaming Set-up. Evar.

diaglo

Adventurer
MrFilthyIke said:
But won't technology ruin the true OD&D feel?

i'm talking about for me, not the campaign.

i have all the computer games from Adventure for my Atari on up to the latest DVD release.

wargame strategy, fantasy, and roleplay

i'm a wargamer first.

Zappo

Explorer
Storminator said:
Of course if you don't use minis, that's pretty moot...
I could project it on a plastic sheet or whiteboard and use markers (as I do now). I think the main issue would be that the markers would be invisible in the dark areas of the map - unless the ambient light is strong enough to see them.

Steel_Wind, do you think that could work?
Steel_Wind said:
Alternatively, you do not have to have the projector act as a clone of your laptop monitor, but as a second monitor that you simply extend your desktop to. This is the default setup for second monitors under most video chipsets under Win XP.

Extending your desktop on to the second monitor (the projector)leaves your laptop screen private and free to use it as you like.
Hm..! I don't know if my crappy laptop does that. I'll try. Even without the projector, I could use my TV to display images, maps, or charts. That would be pretty useful too!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Ed Cha said:
No offense to your players, but I can never understand that, especially those people who spend every week playing. If you spend that much time playing, why not invest in your game some more. At least buy the damn book!

I have a theory that the less people play, the more books they buy. Maybe it's because you're too busy playing to read... :)

Well, one of them uses the SRD, and has an extensive booklet made up for herself with all the rules and spells that are likely to apply to her character. She just prefers to travel light, I guess. The other one, though I love her dearly, is a cheapskate. :p Or maybe it's just that she comes from a background that would have considered spending money on nonessential things wasteful. She hasn't really gotten over that. Both of them earn over 50k a year, so it isn't a case of not being able to afford it.

skinnydwarf

Explorer
Ed Cha said:
<SNIP>

I have a theory that the less people play, the more books they buy. Maybe it's because you're too busy playing to read... :)

Maybe that's why I buy so many books... Although I think the more likely explanation is because I work near a great game store, so it's so easy to just stop there on the way back to the subway. Especially since they have used game books, so I can say "well, it will be sold soon, I need to buy it now or I'll miss the great deal!"

/threadjack

On topic, that setup is way cool. I had thought of running some dungeon adventures in NWN, but this is a much better idea. Now, to get the money...
[edited for bad grammer]

Remove ads