• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Countdown to the Realms: Magic in the Forgotten Realms

Nymrohd

First Post
Well maybe because future supplements will detail Abeir and it will prove to be ubercool and awesome? Plus Abeir will have ties to Tymanther and Akanul (I bet Akanul is that warlock kingdom they implied in Vaasa's location, though it could be located in the Akanapeaks and surrounding regions).

Wyrmshadows

Explorer
I like the Realms and have, over the years ran multiple multi-year long campaigns there and I am 200% behind these changes. I am glad to see the world more tortured, devastated and ripe for heroes to save the innocent from the wicked.

Good stuff...good stuff.

Wyrmshadows

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Mirtek said:
Why? What's wrong with just ignoring it? Why has it to be eliminated for anyone else too?

Sometimes, merely ignoring something won't do the trick. In the past, I've been asked whether we can simply just not talk about something in Dragonlance instead of coming right out and saying it's not there, because eliminating it is needlessly restrictive. The thing is, sometimes it's just got to go.

Cheers,
Cam

Cyberhawk

Community Supporter
Aw man...Maztica and the Old Empires were two of my favorite spots in the setting.

Oh well, just means that if/when I start up a 4E FR campaign I just slap Maztica back into the setting. Cuz it's my campaign and I can do that. :)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Nymrohd said:
Well maybe because future supplements will detail Abeir and it will prove to be ubercool and awesome?
This was my thought, too. Opens up a lot of design space (and opportunities to sell books). Abeir could be the place where all the Earth-flavored parts of the Realms could now be located (Maztica, Amn, Mulhorand, maybe Kara-Tur) and expanded on.

Nymrohd

First Post
W&M gave me the distinct impression that real world analogy settings are not something that interests WotC, not unless they are heavily adapted and intergrated so that the addition of magic to the culture of the game does not seem foreign but part of it.

Remove ads