• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Countdown to the Realms: Magic in the Forgotten Realms

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Yikes!

Why bother retaining the "setting" at all if it is going to be so completely and utterly rewritten?

To give fairness, they are not rewriten - no retconing but crazy catastrophes.

Just a weird future.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Cyberhawk said:
Aw man...Maztica and the Old Empires were two of my favorite spots in the setting.

Oh well, just means that if/when I start up a 4E FR campaign I just slap Maztica back into the setting. Cuz it's my campaign and I can do that. :)
You could set a campaign in Abeir, and show what's happened to the kingdoms that have been sent there from Toril.

The Little Raven

First Post
Abeir and Toril were separated by the Sundering (selfish elves screwing up a planet just so they can make themselves a dinky little island that they can't even protect from the drow), which was bound into the Weave, and when the Weave went poof, the Sundering was undone.

abeir-toril is one world not two.abeir-toril is the world of the realms .that and the whole weave nonsence saddly shows me that the FR design team eaither does not know adout the realms or took a big crap on it. just make a new world stop with the realms .

Admin note: The profanity filter is there for a reason. Don't bypass it, please.

sorry had to say that . i really need to stop reading theis 4e forsaken realm$ crap. lest i have my 1/2/3e FR stuff so at lest i can play in the realms not some madmax beyound waterdeep.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Little Raven

First Post
PeterWeller said:
When are people going to stop doing this crap? Who are you, Jello Frikking Biafra?

Please refrain from insulting such a creative and reasonable guy like Jello by comparing him to people who think saying "Wizards of the Cash" is clever. It's demeaning to the man's intelligence.

PeterWeller

First Post
Mourn said:
Please refrain from insulting such a creative and reasonable guy like Jello by comparing him to people who think saying "Wizards of the Cash" is clever. It's demeaning to the man's intelligence.

You're right, and I will edit the post to make it more appropriate.

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Hunter In Darkness said:
abeir-toril is one world not two.abeir-toril is the world of the realms .that and the whole weave nonsence saddly shows me that the FR design team eaither does not know adout the realms or took a big crap on it. just make a new world stop with the realms .

Admin note: The profanity filter is there for a reason. Don't bypass it, please.

sorry had to say that . i really need to stop reading theis 4e forsaken realm$ crap. lest i have my 1/2/3e FR stuff so at lest i can play in the realms not some madmax beyound waterdeep.
Don't overdo coffee, man. It's bad for your heart.

Also, the end product may be actually good, who know? Maybe they know their stuff, and so it's the problem....

Last edited by a moderator:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads