Creating Rock Dragons.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Breath weapon has already been covered, right?

Immunity to cold?

Smoe possible spell-like suggestions:

wall of ice
freezing sphere
protection from law or magic circle against law
resilient sphere
forceful hand

Krishnath

First Post
Shade said:
Breath weapon has already been covered, right?

Immunity to cold?

Smoe possible spell-like suggestions:

wall of ice
freezing sphere
protection from law or magic circle against law
resilient sphere
forceful hand
Primary breathweapon is a cone of cold pressure (half cold, half force).

Immunity to cold is practically a given. As for the spell-likes, most of those suggested by you are fairly high level, and considering that the dragons theme is trickery and misdirection, they don't really fit. On the other hand, i have different fingers...ehrm, I mean, on the other hand they do fit with the primary breathweapon. Any other suggestions?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Krishnath said:
Primary breathweapon is a cone of cold pressure (half cold, half force).

Immunity to cold is practically a given. As for the spell-likes, most of those suggested by you are fairly high level, and considering that the dragons theme is trickery and misdirection, they don't really fit. On the other hand, i have different fingers...ehrm, I mean, on the other hand they do fit with the primary breathweapon. Any other suggestions?

Good point...I forgot about the trickery and misdirection theme. I picked 'em based on cold and pressure. ;)

Instead, how about...

Silent image
Nondetection or mirror image
Confusion
Mislead (great wyrm)

Knight Otu

First Post
Comparing to the other dragons, it should be 4 or five abilities, which may be somewhat varied from the standard abilities (such as a white's freezing fog).
Shade's list looks good in that regard. I'm not sure if the theme calls for a ability with a difference from the normal spell, so I'll say it doesn't. ;)
Immunity to cold (and vulnerability to fire, let's not forget that) are given due to the subtype and to a lesser degree the breath weapon.

Krishnath

First Post
Shade said:
Good point...I forgot about the trickery and misdirection theme. I picked 'em based on cold and pressure. ;)

Instead, how about...

Silent image
Nondetection or mirror image
Confusion
Mislead (great wyrm)
I like this list, I think we could put in all five spell-likes with no problem.

Let's see.

3/day - Mirror image (adult or older), Silent image (juvenile or older),
1/day - Confusion (ancient or older), nondetection (old or older), mislead (great wyrm or older).

We could probably add a cantrip or 1st level spell as well at an earlier age category. If we go with a cantrip, it should be useable at will, a 1st level spell would be useable once per age category of the dragon.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Gez

First Post
Ghost sound seems the most appropriate cantrip. You could instead give it ray of frost, but it wouldn't be that interesting, given its breath weapon. Dancing lights, maybe.

Remove ads