Critical Role Critical Role Campaign 3 Discussion (SPOILERS)

BRayne

Adventurer
It's relevant that the part about Hollow Ones not having souls or full souls is only mentioned in the flavor text and not the mechanics. Flavor text that Laudna almost certainly doesn't follow since it mentions the body is brought back by the strange magics of Blightshore, which she has not been to as far as we know.

jgsugden

Legend
It's relevant that the part about Hollow Ones not having souls or full souls is only mentioned in the flavor text and not the mechanics. Flavor text that Laudna almost certainly doesn't follow since it mentions the body is brought back by the strange magics of Blightshore, which she has not been to as far as we know.
Directly? Maybe not, although we do not know all about her travels. However, indirectly? There are a lot of connections that a very close between Blightshore and Laudna via Delilah.

Blightshore is on Wildemount. While on the Eastern side, there are settlements on it run by the Cerberus Assembly - New Haxon. They also have a presence in the other location there - Rotthold (in secret). There are over 400 Hollow Ones in Rotthold alone.

Delilah Briarwood if from Wildemount and has ties to the Cerberus Assembly (former Archmage of Antiquity). She studied necromancy and things that might help her keep Silas from falling to his disease. She was given aid by Vecna - who is the one with the fingers on all the secrets. His 'lab' location in Wildemount is still unknown, but the proximity to it might explain some of what takes place in Blightshore (just a speculative theory).

There are plenty of ways to tie Laudna's situation back to what took place on Blightshore.

teitan

Legend
Unlike Campaign 2, I lost interest around episode 13 (?), I think, it didn't really seem to go anywhere while the Mighty Nein seem to have been on full scale hijinks at the same point in that campaign even if they didn't quite reach the same epic storytelling of campaign 1's climax with Vecna. Tharizdun would have been a brilliant ending to that whole thing and where I thought it was going.

I don't know why but campaign 3 is just very, it's a thing, it's there. I can't really get back into it now. It has the same vibe as the Dragon Turtle sessions of the Mighty Nein or later seasons of Walking Dead.

Directly? Maybe not, although we do not know all about her travels. However, indirectly? There are a lot of connections that a very close between Blightshore and Laudna via Delilah.

Blightshore is on Wildemount. While on the Eastern side, there are settlements on it run by the Cerberus Assembly - New Haxon. They also have a presence in the other location there - Rotthold (in secret). There are over 400 Hollow Ones in Rotthold alone.

Delilah Briarwood if from Wildemount and has ties to the Cerberus Assembly (former Archmage of Antiquity). She studied necromancy and things that might help her keep Silas from falling to his disease. She was given aid by Vecna - who is the one with the fingers on all the secrets. His 'lab' location in Wildemount is still unknown, but the proximity to it might explain some of what takes place in Blightshore (just a speculative theory).

There are plenty of ways to tie Laudna's situation back to what took place on Blightshore.
I forgot Delilah was part of the Cerberus Assembly! Man, those guys have been linked in some capacity to all three campaigns now. Somebody should probably do something about them.

Remove ads