CRPG Evolved: Curse of the Azure Bonds (full/taking alternates)

Thanee

First Post
Something for you to consider about rolling hit points:

In my game I'm using a minimum threshold for hit points equal to half the HD (i.e. 5+ on a d10), so you cannot go lower than that. This prevents PCs with extraordinary low hit points while staying very close to the average roll still (closer than when you allow a re-roll, for example).

I find this especially important for warrior-types, where a high Hit Die is one of the more important class features... negating this advantage with some unlucky dice rolls just never suited me well and surely doesn't improve on the fun one has with such a class. This way everyone has at least slightly below average hit points, and the chance to get really high hit points does not improve in any noteworthy way. It only removes the possibility to get really low hit points.

Just something to consider. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Shanderson

First Post
Hey there! I've been away for a while and I'm lookin for a new game to join in on and this one looks good. Now, I have an idea, but it hinges alot on wether I'll be able to use Savage Species or not. Cause what I'm thinkin is, using the monster progression, a young troll, just a couple years old.

The first thing he remembers is waking up alone, in the middle of nowhere. He had to fend for himself from day one, he had to get tough or die. His instincts wouldn’t lead him astray, so he listened to them, but seeing as how he was smarter and more logical than most others of his kind he quickly learned the language of the humans he would come to hunt. After he cleared out one village he would move onto the next, and to the next. One village, however, fought back. It hired a small group of heros and mercenaries to take care of the young troll. They were surprisingly outmatched. He quickly leapt at the spell caster, plunging his claws through him and dropping him. Then he went to work on the sneaky one behind him, and he didn’t fare much better, then he made his way to the unarmored priest who put up a bit of a fight but was quickly vanquished, and last but not least, the larger than normal warrior. He smelled like a crossbreed between an ogre and human, he looked like one too, this one put up a big fight, but was subdued by the young trolls rending claws and his gaping maw.
He never had anyone to tell him what was right and what was wrong so he just did what he needed to survive and he didn’t care about the cost of his actions, he lives in the here and the now. Although he doesn't need to eat he still does, usually one human sized meal a day, mostly for the taste.

So ... whatcha think?

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
[sblock=Isida]High-ranking clergy in many lands have political and social standing of nobility in most lands. As leader of the church of Gond in the holiest city of Gond on mainland Faerun, Gharri would surely have such standing. A princess marrying a priest would not be out of the question. In fact it may be more difficult for the cleric to get approval from the church than for the prince or princess to get approval from the family, depending on the church in question. [/sblock]

Remove ads