CRPG Evolved: Curse of the Azure Bonds (full/taking alternates)

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I would like to put forward a friendly arguement Eva. You wish the AU spellcasters to have all their healing spells to be exotic. However, most of the AU healing spells are, pound for pound, less powerful than the regular D&D spells. Lesser battle healing is a 2nd level spell that does 1d6 + 1 point per level (up to +10) of healing. Greater battle healing is a 5th level spell that does 1d6 per caster level, up to 15d6. Those are far less powerful than any of the cure wounds. The transfer wounds spells are even less powerful, having a lower level cap and leaving either the caster (if self-cast) or the recipient with some subdual damage. No one in this campaign will be able to do more than lesser transfer wounds or lesser battle healing.

Death and dying are much more likely in AU/AE, and recovering from fights is tougher. Returning from the dead is extremely difficult in AU/AE magic.

I would like to request that AU/AE casters be allowed to keep what healing spells they may have at the levels and complexity given. Even a magister would not be too much different than, say, a sorcerer attempting a UMD on a clerical wand. It's a small perk, arcane casters being able to heal, but I would argue that it would not be game breaking to allow AU/AE casters to do it within their own spellcasting system.

I know I am overstating my case, but I wanted to make my arguement clear. I have no problem with going with the AU/AE healing spells as exotic if necessary, I just wanted to let my feelings and arguements on the subject be known. :)

I suppose it shouldn't be a problem. I use the rule when I'm doing AE/D&D games set in Dragonlance, where the distinction of who has healing magic and who doesn't is very important in therms of the setting's metaplot. But for FR, the distinction isn't as important. I'll allow magisters and runethanes to use healing spells, even though they are "arcane" casters. The distinction of divine vs. arcane caster is still relevant for PrC qualifications and the special abilities of certain classes.

Thanee: For your character, max HP for your first HD, and roll the rest. For your animal companion, start with the HP amount listed in the MM, and roll the bonus hit dice. I have most WotC (up to the spell compendium) and a lot of 3rd party sources, plus the AE Transcendence and Spell Treasury. If you're considering a non-core source for something, double-check to make sure I know where to find it! ;)

Raylis and bluegodjanus: best hurry. I'll only be taking 6 and I have 8 prospective players, 5 of whom already have work on the board.

From here on any new posters will most likely be considered alternates.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Thanks Eva. I don't think it is even relavant for my character, but I just wanted to throw that out there for any arcane AE characters. :)

Are we using Hero Points?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Okiday, done with my character! She's ready to be approved/disapproved/picked apart. :)

[sblock]Sidra
Female Litorian Totem Speaker 5

Alignment: Neutral
Region: Western Heartlands
Height: 6' 4''
Weight: 185lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Gray

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 14 (+2) [+2 racial]
Con: 11 (+0)
Int: 11 (+0)
Wis: 16 (+3) [-2 racial, +1 level]
Cha: 15 (+2)

Class and Racial Abilities:
+2 Dex, -2 Wis, low-light vision, +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival. Mind of the Green, 3 minor totem traits (Bestial Fangs, Cunning, and Endurance), voice of reason.

Hit Dice: 5d8+5 (from endurance totem trait)
HP: 37
AC: 12 (+2 Dex) [touch 12, flat-footed N/A]
ACP: 0
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +1 [+1 base, +0 Con]
Reflex +3 [+1 base, +2 Dex]
Will +7 [+4 base, +3 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +3/+4
Melee Atk: +4 (1d6+1/x2/P, bite)
Ranged Atk: +5

Skills:
Bluff +3 [0 ranks, +2 Cha, +1 The Voice]
Concentration +5 [5 ranks, +0 Con]
Diplomacy +13 [8 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 synergy, +1 The Voice]
Gather Information +3 [0 ranks, +2 Cha, +1 The Voice]
Handle Animal +12 [8 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 cunning]
Heal +13 [8 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 synergy]
Intimidate +4 [0 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 racial]
Knowledge (geography) +5 [5 ranks, +0 Int]
Knowledge (litorians) +2 [0 ranks, +0 Int, +2 racial]
Knowledge (nature) +6 [6 ranks, +0 Int]
Listen +10 [5 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 racial]
Perform (storytelling) +4 [0 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 The Voice]
Ride +4 [0 ranks, +2 Dex, +2 synergy]
Search +4 [+0 Int, +2 racial]
Sense Motive +10 [8 ranks, +2 Cha]
Sneak +2 [0 ranks, +2 Dex]
Spot +10 [5 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 racial]
Survival +12 [8 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 racial, +2 cunning]

Feats:
Intuitive Sense (1st level ceremonial) [Doesn’t lose her Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed or being attacked by an invisible or unknown opponent]
The Voice (1st level talent)
Intuitive Sense (3rd level) [Cannot be flanked]

Languages: Common, Litorian

Spell Slots – 4/3/2
Spells Readied DC +3
0th – 5 canny effort, contact, enchanting flavor, hygiene, sense thoughts
1st – 4 charm, glamour, mind stab, lesser transfer wounds
2nd – 2 blinding light, gusting wind

Equipment
Traveler’s outfit

Money
300pp

Appearance: Sidra is a very pale litorian, with blonde fur and pale gray eyes. She moves with the grace characteristic of her kind, but also with an air of self-assurance that’s hard to define.

Personality: Sidra is generally a peaceful person, given to mending rifts and calming ruffled feathers. Anything that moves her to anger or violence is very bad indeed, and it causes her to agonize over it later.

Background: Sidra grew up in an area of vast grassy plains in the Western Heartlands. Like most folk of that area, she grew up self-sufficient and sturdy, something enhanced by her tribe’s friendship with a tribe of wemics. Though she lacked the characteristic bloodlust of many of their kind, she had something else; a voice and talent for diplomacy, and a deep and abiding respect for all live, animal, litorian, human, wemic, or other.

Her talents led her to the path of the totem speaker, and what she discovered there of herself convinced her of the rightness of this calling. While her tribe was content to raid and defend, to fight and flee, Sidra felt that the strains of life were pulling her farther away from simply calming the violence of her own small area.

Sidra’s calm words and deep intuitive knowledge of other’s hearts have led her out of the Heartlands and into the Dalelands, and from there to Cormyr and Tilverton. She had tried to leave ease and peace in her wake, but something has been dragging her onward nevertheless…[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
Ferrik of Rasheman

For your approval
edit: added HP
[sblock]

Name: Ferrik of Rasheman
Race: Human
Class: Fighter 3/Barbarian 2
HD/Hp: 3d10+2d12+10; hp 43 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=566390
Init: +2
Speed: 40 ft
AC: 12 (+2 dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+9
Attack: +9 Unarmed (1d3+4)
Full Attack: +9 Unarmed (1d3+4)
Special Qualities: Rage 1/day, Uncanny Dodge, Fast Movement
Saves: Fort +8, Reflex +3, Will -1
Abilities: Str 18 Dex 15 Con 15 Int 13 Wis 8 Cha 13
Skills: Jump +12 [8], Sneak +6 [4], Listen +0 [2], Survival +6 [8], Sense Motive +1 [3]
Feats: Power Attack (B), Cleave (BH), Quickdraw, Combat Expertise (B), Weapon Focus (greatsword), Improved Unarmed strike (B)
Align: CG
Languages: Common, Giant

Possessions: blue tattoo, leather pants, 300pp
Notes:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=566351 4th level AB went to Wisdom

Description: Standing at 6’7” Ferrik is best described as big. He wears his raven black hair down to the top of his shoulder blades but keeps his face clean shaven. His body is criss crossed with battle scars and there are three matching scars crossing his hazel eyes. In addition to a pair of worn leather breeches he wears a broad grin on his face and always seems not be paying his fullest attention.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
bluegodjanus said:
Oh, and about our secret stash of money:
Should we buy equipment with that now, or wait until in-game to go shopping for replacement gear?

The shopping will be done in-game. It's part of the fun of this type of scenario. :)

On further consideration, we'll go with 7 instead of 6 six no one who's posted recently will get shafted. The first guy who replied hasn't even been online since monday, so, you snooze you lose as they say.

Current roster

Raylis: playing Ferrik, human fighter/barb
Isida Kep'Tukari: playing Sidra, litorian totem speaker
bluegodjanus: playing Maesnir, verrik ritual warrior
Scotley: playing Charum, human monk
Thanee: playing Dawn, halfling druid
Voadam: playing Xi-Selorn, giant giant/warmain
Falkus: playing Dominic, human rogue

and in the immortal words of Wayne Campbell, Game on!

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
Thanee: For your character, max HP for your first HD, and roll the rest. For your animal companion, start with the HP amount listed in the MM, and roll the bonus hit dice. I have most WotC (up to the spell compendium) and a lot of 3rd party sources, plus the AE Transcendence and Spell Treasury. If you're considering a non-core source for something, double-check to make sure I know where to find it! ;)

Ok, thanks! :)

And a little heads up... I will be away from saturday to tuesday/wednesday, but afterwards I have plenty time again.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Hadn't noticed yesterday, that the IC is already up. Will post there soon. :)

Will you open a Rogue's Gallery thread to have the character sheets easily accessible?

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads