CRPG Evolved: Curse of the Azure Bonds (full/taking alternates)

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Shanderson: I'll put your name in the hopper, but you'll need a different concept as I don't use Savage Species and moreover, that's a little too off-the-wall for my tastes.

Brogarn

First Post
Application for Alt Character

I have a rogue I wrote up that's looking for a home. I don't have the Monte Cook books (I'll probably pick them up at some point considering all the praise they get), though.

Anyways, here's Loric Dy'Neren. Half Elven Rogue. Education will be one of his first level feats (the one that opens up all knowledge skills as class skills) and he'll have full skill points into Use Magic Device.

[SBLOCK]“Brain over brawn, my boy, brain over brawn.”

Loric heard that phrase countless times as a child and heeded every word.

Loric is the Half Elven son of a human Wizard named Cedric Dy’Neren and a Moon Elf Cleric of Sehanine Moonbow named Caletha. His father was the last of a faded line of nobility, not that he’d be able to lay claim to any fortune or title if there was one. He’s, technically, a bastard, since his parents never married. But that’s never bothered him. His parents’ adventures before settling down left them with enough coin to keep them comfortable and he had a happy childhood.

What has bothered him (and his father besides) is while he inherited his father’s intelligence (and plain looks); he’s unable to cast so much as a single cantrip. The Weave remains out of his reach. That wasn’t from a lack of trying as he constantly had his nose in one book or another. But arcane capability, if not knowledge, has been forever denied him.

That’s where Uncle Simon steps in. Good friend and fellow adventurer of Cedric and Caletha, Simon Oakelfire, Halfling and Rogue, saw much potential in young Loric. Whenever he’d visit, the Halfling would say “Put down those books, boy, and let Uncle Simon teach you a trick or two.” Loric was a quick study with a bit of dexterity to match. Simon enjoyed teaching him greatly. “Not all tricks involve bits of insects, flashing lights and loud bangs. Some require subtlety, patience, and what you pick your nose with. Always use your head, boy; but never forget your fingers.” So it was that Loric learned quite a few tricks he would come to use often later in life. Uncle Simon would certainly be proud if he could see him now.

But when Loric was 18 years old, Uncle Simon disappeared. While his visits were random in length, he typically wrote a note or two between. But this time, there was nothing and Loric hasn’t seen him since.

This wasn’t to be his last disappointment.

When Loric turned 20, his mother was called to service by her Church. Three weeks later, his father received a message that was sympathetic, yet without details. His mother died honorably, it said, while serving her Goddess. Be proud of her and honor her memory always. There was no word on where or how she died or invitation to a funeral. Cedric was devastated and tried everything he could to divine what had happened to his beloved. He was unsuccessful and died three years later still without knowing. The priests told Loric it was his father’s heart. Knowing the sadness his father has been through, Loric didn’t doubt them.

After burying his father, Loric saw no reason to stay at his house. He decided to catch a first hand view of the world, sold all of what was now his estate, and headed to Waterdeep to seek weapon training and adventure.

That was two years ago and since then he’s used his skills, involving both brains and fingers, all over Faerun. He’s also learned a lesson not learned from childhood. Sometimes neither brains nor fingers have the answer, but the sharp end of a rapier will work in a pinch.

Currently, Loric is looking for his next job…
[/SBLOCK]

Thanee

First Post
Also added some really basic equipment to my sheet (as listed in the IC).

I guess it's not a problem to find holly & misteltoe? I just thought a druid would rather collect those herself, instead of getting it from some vendor. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads