Custom Spells (Revised 7-18-2006)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Yeah, it didn't mention those changes last I checked either. I expected it to be errataed immediately, but it wasn't, as Someone said :uhoh:
One could propose to integrate the CompPsi "errata" as an exception to the 6-month rule.

stonegod

Rystil Arden said:
I like it. I think I'm ready to vote all the spells in.

Edit: Though we may want to say that some feats can't be used by the spell's caster. An example of a feat that wouldn't be usable would be Arcane Strike (the one where you burn a spell to get attack and damage bonuses), which wouldn't be usable since you can't make them burn a spell to power it.
How about changing the wording to (bold ital changes mine):
The caster may force the target to perform a single move action or standard action each round that he is in control, and may make use of the target's abilities, equipment, and feats as he controls the target, but he may not force the target to manifest powers, cast spells, or use any special ability that is not a function of just its body movements (such as abilities that expend psionic focus, use a turn attempt, or expend a spell slot).

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
How about changing the wording to (bold ital changes mine):
I like it--at this point we're just clarifying the wording, of course (I'm guessing everyone agrees that those abilities would not be usable). I vote YES to all of these spells with stonegod's clarification.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
One could propose to integrate the CompPsi "errata" as an exception to the 6-month rule.
The DC thing seems like an obvious fix (though it apparently hasn't made a difference in LEW yet), but I would prefer not to use the fairly debilitating change to Astral Construct.

stonegod

Rystil Arden said:
The DC thing seems like an obvious fix (though it apparently hasn't made a difference in LEW yet), but I would prefer not to use the fairly debilitating change to Astral Construct.
In any case, these could be voted on in a case by case basis elsewhere.

stonegod

Rystil Arden said:
I like it--at this point we're just clarifying the wording, of course (I'm guessing everyone agrees that those abilities would not be usable). I vote YES to all of these spells with stonegod's clarification.
I also vote YES with all the changes. Now we just wait for another judge to say yes unless there is a no.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Correct, and approved immediately if either vote YES.

Of note to whoever archives this: These spells have been approved as signature spells to be researched by Crackbeak. They cannot be taken by any spellcaster as automatic spells upon leveling up and can only be learned by a non-Crackbeak caster by befriending Crackbeak or someone taught by Crackbeak and getting them to teach you the spell or sell you a scroll.

Remove ads