[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4" [OOC]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Did a little searching: you have less then 300 xp, I have 318 xp. At 300 you get another green block.

Leif

Adventurer
Did a little searching: you have less then 300 xp, I have 318 xp. At 300 you get another green block.
Ahhh, so that's it! I figured it was something like that. See, up until now, everone that I saw with more green blocks than me was also higher level. So when I caught you level-wise, I thought I might get my green thingy, too. *Sigh* Waiting -- story of my life. :(

industrygothica

Adventurer
No offense intended, IG, but when Uulark DAZED the ettin, shouldn't it have lost a round of attacks?

It did, sort of. A dazed condition allows either a standard, move, or minor action. An ettin gets a full set of actions for each head; in this case the ettin's first head used only a move action to stand, and the second head used only a standard action to attack.

At least, that's the way I interpreted the rules. It's entirely possible (even probable) that I'm wrong, and I'm perfectly willing to entertain any arguments to such.

Leif

Adventurer
No, I concur with your rationale. Thanks! Honestly, I've never seen a DM run an Ettin the way you have been, where it's essentially two creatures in one body. (Come to think of it, I've never fought an Ettin in 4E, either.) But you've been totally consistent with your handling of it throughout the battle, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned. Kudos, Sir! (I just wanted to be a squeaky wheel and bug you a little. :heh:)

And congrats on your "non-carbuncle-ness!"

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Is that really fair, DeWar? Sure, there are some kinks to work out, and we have a lazy DM, but all things considered, I think this game is still going fairly well.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
in defense of the DM, I must say he is not lazy. it is just that the edition he is using is full of traps.

Friadoc

Explorer
Hey, folks,

I'm going on a quick road trip to Boise, so I might be slow to post until Sunday. I'll aim at getting a post out today, and I'll have my iPad and hotspot with me so, if I can, I'll post as needed.

Sorry,

Robert

Remove ads