D&D 5E Is One Year Old!

Today is the one-year anniversary of the first official physical D&D 5th Edition product - the D&D Starter Set! A boxed set containing a rules booklet and the adventure Lost Mine of Phandelver, along with a selection of pregenerated characters and a set of dice, the D&D Starter Set was launched in preferred stores (it hit other stores 11 days later) and was pretty solidly well received. To this date, it has a certified 86% rating right here on EN World. It has won a couple of awards, and is up for two ENnies this year in the Best Family Game and Best Production Values categories (people love boxes!)

Today is the one-year anniversary of the first official physical D&D 5th Edition product - the D&D Starter Set! A boxed set containing a rules booklet and the adventure Lost Mine of Phandelver, along with a selection of pregenerated characters and a set of dice, the D&D Starter Set was launched in preferred stores (it hit other stores 11 days later) and was pretty solidly well received. To this date, it has a certified 86% rating right here on EN World. It has won a couple of awards, and is up for two ENnies this year in the Best Family Game and Best Production Values categories (people love boxes!)

So, Happy Birthday D&D 5th Edition! You're one!

DD-Starter-Set-components.jpg

Image courtesy of Hero's Emporium

Vael

Legend
And my players are not even level 5 yet, Dam real live commitiments! :p
Happy Birthday 5E!

Same. Though that also might be due to I have a large gaming group and we can cheerfully chat half the night away before getting to brass tacks.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Congrats to Mike Mearls and the rest of the WotC crew for making a fantastic edition of the game - it's coming up on the two month mark for the existence of my 5e grouo and we're still having great fun with it (coupled with several pieces of EN5ider goodness.)

Louis Brenton

Explorer
And my players are not even level 5 yet, Dam real live commitiments! :p
Happy Birthday 5E!

Similar situation here. I bought the 5E Starter Box in mid-September 2014, & we got our first play in on September 28. We've gotten a total of 19 sessions in including last night. So we're averaging close to two plays a month, which is about the best I can hope for with my crowded schedule, & a bit better average than I was expecting, honestly. My party are 3 level-5's & one level-4.

Loving 5E!!

Wow, that went quick. Our group still hasn't played 5E yet as we want to finish our 3.5E Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil campaign first. We will get to it eventually though (and probably play the Elemental Evil storyline! :D).

TheSwartz

Explorer
Oh... And a question for the WotC parents of our little one year old 5e: at what age will 5e be allowed to use the Internet? Because I'm still waiting for it to come out and play and be available in PDF!!!

Dargrimm

First Post
Happy birthday!
IMO the best D&D edition so far (being with D&D since 2nd Edition).
And now if you would speed up the release schedule and put out other source books apart from adventures I'd be a happy man.

Remove ads

Remove ads