D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

The Escapist

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

Faster, sleeker, and more fun. This is D&D-style fantasy play at its best. Ignore this game to your own detriment. You can't say that the new D&D is the best fantasy game on the market, but you can't find many games better than this.

Loki-lie-Smith

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

The new Player's Handbook have everything players need to create characters for D&D 5e. It also includes a comprehensive list of weapons, armor and equipment, magical spells and the rules of play. Speaking of the rules, they are perhaps one of the most elegant iterations of D&D to date.

The rules are tight, the artwork awesome and the options plentiful. This is about as close to perfect as I think I have ever seen in D&D.

io9

First Post

There's no such thing as a perfect fantasy role-playing game. Everyone has different tastes, different play styles, and different nostalgia that makes them love a game for different reasons. But this Player's Handbook lays out an adaptable, easy to learn game that carries with it much of the flavor and history of 40-odd years of Dungeons & Dragons. My gaming group seems thoroughly won over by our initial sessions, and I'm personally excited about D&D like I haven't been for quite a while.

Azzibeel

First Post

Cracking this book open for the first time made my Geek Soul giddy. I was warped back to Junior High when i opened up my AD&D First Quest box set. It is a new beggining of many amazing adventures. The magic is in this book.

Yaztromo

Explorer
3 out of 5 rating for D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook

Sara' che sono cresciuto con BECMI, sara' che crescendo ho chiesto ai giochi di essere sempre piu' veloci da preparare e da giocare, lasciandomi il divertimento e qualche spazio alla fantasia, senza annoiarmi con regolamenti tediosissimi e tabelle, ma tutta la produzione di AD&D e delle versioni successive di D&D (incluso Pathfinder) mi hanno spinto con sempre maggior convinzione ad affidarmi ad altri regolamenti, se volevo divertirmi senza per forza perdere un monte di orre per preparare le partite, lanciare un milione di dadi (robe da tunnel carpale fulminante), fare un sacco di calcoli, consultare un sacco di tabelle.... e dover impiegare una sessione di gioco solamente per creare il tuo personaggio (che magari morira' dopo tre minuti di avventura).Beh, devo dire che questa versione del gioco e' un (mezzo) passo indietro in quella che (per me) e' la giusta direzione, ma c'e' ancora parecchia strada da fare... questo e' un altro tomo bello pesante e ancora troppo, troppo complicato: prima di cominciare a giocare ci vogliono ORE per mettere assieme un personaggio...

jadrax

Adventurer

A stripped down simple version of D&D, which then adds extra levels of character generation in the form of Backgrounds allowing you to finally play almost any character concept you want.

Bergie

First Post

This book is a MASSIVE improvement from 4th Edition, which was basically "how to play a half-assed version of World of Warcraft as a tabletop game." While not as mind-bogglingly mechanically deep as 3.5, it allows far more mechanics than 4th and more. . . GM creativity than a more restrictive system like the 3.x games. Only critique is that it is too expensive, which is due largely to the art and good production quality, but also to the Wizards of the Coast logo and D&D brand. After all, why keep prices low when people are going to buy it anyway?

Tush Hog

First Post

I've played every edition of D&D over the last 30+ years. This is the best version yet. This PHB is superb. The art and layout are top notch. The content is A+ as well. Long live D&D!

Remove ads