D&D Basic Rules Updated

The basic rules for the current edition of D&D have been available since the game launched. With the recent errata update, the free basic rules PDF has also received an overhaul. They are now in a single PDF, and contain illustrations!

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Dang it! I read "D&D Basic Set" and thought..."WTF?! How did I miss an update to Basic D&D? And just WHY are they doing that NOW? The last 'update' to Basic was the Rules Cyclopedia '91...unless you count all those failed 'red', 'black', or whatever ginormous boxes with the mini's and whatnot. No matter... BECMI's back baby! AWESOME!?!?!!oneeleven11!!"

...then I clicked. Then I saw...it's not actually "D&D Basic Set", its "D&D 5th Edition Basic Rules".

DECEPTIVE TITLE ALERT! ;)

I kid, I kid!

Ok, fine...it's just my aging eyes and wishful thinking. :)

Glad to see WotC updating the Basic intro rules for the game. Probably was about high time to do it I guess.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

g0gmag0g

Explorer
I don't suppose any clever and industrious person has done a set of annotations that mark out where the changes are (to save stupid and lazy people like me from having to read it word for word and spot the amends)? :D

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners

oknazevad

Explorer
I don't like that they've been combined into a single document. Don't want my players to have access to DM stuff like monster stats. Also makes things harder to find.

Well, I for one am glad they combined them, as keeping it one document means less flipping between them. Oh, and the one thing added that is the biggest addition of all: an actual table of contents. One with shortcuts, too. If anything, it's easier to find stuff in this PDF than ever before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads