• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Beyond Launches on August 15th for $3-6/m

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

Satyrn

First Post
It may be minimal subscription revenue, but at least it won't cannibalize book sales, this time.
It may very well cannibalize book sales if it offers a comfortable* way to read a book. I'm really leaning towards it to be how I buy future books. If it works well.

I think I also need to know I don't need an active subscription to access what I've bought.

*I can't think of a better word to describe what I'm looking for as far as readability goes.

Tony Vargas

Legend
It may very well cannibalize book sales if it offers a comfortable* way to read a book.
Point is the books still selling just in a lower production cost medium. DDI, you could subscribe, get all the content to date, and that was it.

This really seems the smarter move.

Satyrn

First Post
Well, "Episode 4" was added in 1980, and thus the laserdisc would still have the episode title on it.

Possibly. I'm rather going by my DVD copy of the original theatrical release (which is actually the bonus disc that came with the 90s theatrical release). It never mentions the episode number or the subtitle. I'm guessing that would be the version on tbe laserdisc, too.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
This is the way I see it, and it's totally ok if others don't see it the way I do.

I've purchased the Star Wars trilogy in VHS, DVD, and Blue-Ray. I'm likely to continue to purchase it in future formats (especially if the ever re-release the theatrical versons, but I digress). The point is I'm absolutely willing to buy the same product more than once if I think I'm getting value out of the later purchases.

I think I will get value out of the PHB in D&D Beyond even though I already own the physical copy. SCAG and VOLOs probably not. Adventures I've already bought, probably not. Adventures I haven't bought yet, probably so.

Everybody is going to have a different line for what brings enough value per dollar to them. This is mine right now. It may change later.

Quoted for truth.

Remove ads

Remove ads