D&D weekenders | Kore | dead thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
Edit: Friday 1 August

Despite the thread title, this is no longer a weekender game.

There are potentially two slots still available if you are interested.

The setting is feudal japanesque. Characters are 3rd level. Background and generation details can be found below.

Last edited:

Sam

First Post
Being a newbie to play-by-post games, the "weekend" concept sounds good to me. Count me in.

doghead

thotd
Ok. There is some interest.

I'm going to leave this thread in discussion mode through the weekend. Then we can move to recruitment and character generation. Hurricain, Sam, Casar, feel free to indicate any ideas or suggestions you might have.

I'm fairly new to PbP myself, and this will be my first PbP game as the Storyteller. I am thinking of starting with a series of short episodes, loosely linked together. 4-6 players sounds about right. Character generation will probably be limited to the basic PHB/SRD types. It may be completely open or there may be some parameters. The final decisions will, probably, significantly reflect any discussions on the matter.

A firm requirement would be a commitment to post regularly most weekends and a heads up before any absences where possible.

Sam

First Post
I'm on the boards here just about every day, so a commitment to post on the weekend would not be a problem.

If this is your first entre in to pbp DMing, don't get too aggressive on the world development thing. In fact, I like having the world develop around the character's actions as they adventure around. Short, discrete episodes should work fine.

What starting level were you thinking of? I've got a couple of character concepts in mind, but it will depend on what level we start. Since we're not going to advance as quickly as we would if we were posting more frequently, I want to make sure that I like where the character is, rather than where he is going.

Once that's out of the way, I guess we need to figure out the point-buy and starting gold.

assassination

First Post
this sounds like a very interesting game. in in for it, just let us know what the character generations stuff is.

if this is your first time on the post DMing i would sugest looking in the "playing the game" thread jsut to see how other DM's start and set up the campin. is very easy, some of the game that i have played in(well all exept one.) we started by waking up in a stange new place(EX: jail cell, locked room, middle of nowere.) or you could just start them like i start them, there on there way to the first place in the campain, or comming back from another request for aid. most player will acept most start jsut as long as you do what they want. some player will want a lot of role playing, others will want a lot of fighting. and other...... it all depends on the players that you have.

sorry just rambling on, giving you some SUGESTIONS not requests for the game. take them if you wanat them but if this is your first time DMing and you need some help. just ask or look in the playing the game thread for any ideas.

anyways i would like to be in the campain but i usually don't know what im doing suring the weekend till the weekend or just before, usually im free and can get on so its up to you if you want me in your game.

doghead

thotd
Feel free to ramble. It helps me formulate my ideas. And your consideration is apprieciated.

Unless the discussion brings up something better, I will go with the man-at-arms idea. This will, however, mean some restrictions of the characters. I would probably need a couple of roles filled - ie: the unit leader. I would also like to have a large sized character - an ogre type.

It will be a low level game - level three max? It will also be fairly magic lite, rules lite and advancement lite. I like to have characters develope, but see it as more a concept refinement process.

OK, a few more thoughts. There will probably only be one or two slots for spell casting types. Clerics are a possiblity, but just choose the alignment. I have no information on spells, so we will have to wing it :). Most other basic classes should be possible if they can be fit into the man-at-arms concept. If you have an idea, post and we can discuss it.

A final note. The setting may seem somewhat Japanese in style in places. Basically because I am a fan of Japanese castles and minimalism. However, it is really just a matter of visualisation and it won't really differ much from a western medieval setting. I'm not planning to use any of the japanese terminology - ie samurai, ninja, katana etc. Actually, anime style fantasy is probably a better way to think of it.

Well thats about all for now.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads