• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)

Velmont

First Post
Ridik is not really into the conversation... not use of the alcool, he already feels the effect and try to conentrate on not getting drunk, unable to follow teh conversation.

Salix

First Post
nimisgod said:
Slim casts a nervous glance around him. Perspiration starts to bead generously on his forehead, but he is too anxious to pull out his hankerchief (or he doesn't have one).

"Ummm... that sounds fair. I've been told of no such deal. He keeps most of his plans to himself.

But uh...I could meet with him... but, uh, I should probably talk to him about it first. To make sure that you guys are alright with him..."

OOG: Sorry about the delays. It's been one of those weeks (or months)
You're either about half-way through. Fortunately, a more exciting part is coming up.
"Slim, You haven't heard the plan, because we're bringing it to you. I know your boss is paying you a lot, but the cards are in your hands now. You know what your boss wants from the house, but let me assure you that there is much, much more there. We could make you an incredibly rich man. You know the Grandmother was an adventurer, right? It seems she got into a number of very profitable ventures. We found a hidden room, heavily guarded, magic. Imagine what she has in the strongbox. It's the best of both worlds. Your boss gets what he wants, you get what you want. We make it look like we tried to do something to stop you, and we get our cut. The ball's in your court Slim. The more
I think about it, maybe you should have us along when you talk to him. That way he can see we're for real, and you're the man in charge."

OOC:Sense motive on Slim (1d20+4=22)
No problem nimisgod. I think we all appreciate you picking the game up

Erekose13

Explorer
ao'Thuir is trying to follow along with Gardner's story, hoping he doesn't screw it up somewhere. All these adventurers may look up to him, but ao'Thuir was completely out of his element when trying to bluff his way past even thugs.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ridik, ao'Thuir, Gardner, Rinya

Slim nods his head slowly, the gears within turning and turning. There's the glint of avarice in his eyes, born of the opportunistic way of life that he has led.

"I think you're right. He'd like what you said. But it's difficult to contact him. I usually have to arrange a meeting with him to speak to him, or else leave messages at our spot"

He pauses.

"Do you want to meet him tonight? You can come to our meeting place at the docks, I'll show it to you right now and you can meet us later at... how about midnight? Or maybe at dusk?"

Richard and Lucien

It is a few hours after their meal that the Meijers return. Ignatious brings Richard and Lucien some good news.

"It took some time but I've hired a carriage for you to leave by tonight. Or tomorrow morning at the latest. I've got supplies and the like ready for you as well, a week's worth for you and the coachman. How does that sound?"

Heather goes straight into housework doing chores and tidying up the place. She looks to be in a better mood than earlier.

Salix

First Post
nimisgod said:
Ridik, ao'Thuir, Gardner, Rinya

Slim nods his head slowly, the gears within turning and turning. There's the glint of avarice in his eyes, born of the opportunistic way of life that he has led.

"I think you're right. He'd like what you said. But it's difficult to contact him. I usually have to arrange a meeting with him to speak to him, or else leave messages at our spot"

He pauses.

"Do you want to meet him tonight? You can come to our meeting place at the docks, I'll show it to you right now and you can meet us later at... how about midnight? Or maybe at dusk?"

Gardner smiles, "Let's go check out that spot, Slim. I think this is the start of a great business relationship"

OOC: Everyone alright with checking out the spot?

Richard Rawen

First Post
nimisgod said:
Richard and Lucien

It is a few hours after their meal that the Meijers return. Ignatious brings Richard and Lucien some good news.

"It took some time but I've hired a carriage for you to leave by tonight. Or tomorrow morning at the latest. I've got supplies and the like ready for you as well, a week's worth for you and the coachman. How does that sound?"

Heather goes straight into housework doing chores and tidying up the place. She looks to be in a better mood than earlier.

Richard smiles broadly once more, opens his mouth to give his hearty approval then stops suddenly and looks askance to Lucien for support.

Dungannon

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
Richard smiles broadly once more, opens his mouth to give his hearty approval then stops suddenly and looks askance to Lucien for support.
Lucien smiles at Richard and Ignatious. "That sounds just fine, sir. I'm sure our comrades will appreciate your assistance. Speaking of which, I wonder what is taking so long..."

Remove ads