D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Slim notices Ridik and the rest prepare for combat and decides to draw an unassuming knife as well. His efforts seem small and pathetic in comparison to everyone else's.

Slim opens the door and reveals a huge dark room, cluttered with debris and trash. He leads the way, tripping over a large pile of dire rat droppings and recovering ungracefully afterward. The place is rank with the scent of rot and feces.

A cursory glance around reveals that the area is as big as two houses. Shadows obscure an ungodly amount of area, meaning that there could easily be places for ambush around. There may also be other entrances, but that might require some searching. But none of the adventurers hear any movement beyond the occasional distant scratching and a quiet dripping sound.

The roof of the building is mostly whole. Below the gaps in it are puddles where issue the scent of stale water, lit dimly by the light above. These shafts of light are the only sources of illumination in this dark place, besides the open door behind the party.

With their low light vision, Rinya and ao'Thuir spot skittering movement in the area.

It is Ridik who sees them for what they truly are: Small creatures, rats or cats or maybe even roaches that go hither and yon in search of food and in avoidance of light and people.

"This is it" Slim keeps his voice quiet enough so it doesn't echo. "He's going to meet me here at midnight tonight. What do you think?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"So you're meeting your associate here at midnight then eh?" replies ao'Thuir restating the obvious. "Do you always meet him here?"

Salix

First Post
"Slim, I can't remember, is your meeting already arranged? If so why don't you come with us. We'll treat you to some good food and drink while we wait. After we earn some coin from this venture, you can return the favor.", Gardner says with a characteristic broad smile.

Heckler

First Post
Rinya will take a moment to pin the glowing brooch to her deerskin before muttering, "I'll take a quick look around," and heading off down the right hand wall.

ooc: Rinya will take a quick jog around the warehouse looking for doors, windows, or anything else that might serve as an entrance.

Richard Rawen

First Post
OOC: Can we Please push this along? I apologize if I am out of line however I feel that we've had almost no progress in this thread. I understand that we want to give everyone a chance to post and that this is a Role Playing board... but we've gone almost nowhere in Months!
We are going on a Month real time just to get One Morning of very little activity done. I'm not just saying that because my character is stuck staring at Lucien staring back at him while they wait for something to do... I wonder if anyone else is bored? That it is approaching a year in this pbp and we've yet to get through two days of game time!?

I've held my tongue because nobody else is complaining. If this is the pace that everyone else feels comfortable with then I'll be the odd man out. I do understand that the DM's have busy lives and that RL interferes with all of us, really I do. I'm also looking at almost every other PBP out there and seeing people actually doing something.
Again, I am sorry if I am being rude, Richard can get restless (he's just a kid, really) and head back to the RDI - the party is muscle heavy already anyways - and then I won't be rockin the peaceful boat we're on. Just let me know please.
Thanks
M < > <

Velmont

First Post
"What, you meet with rats and cats?" is suprised Ridik. After Slim tells he must meet tonight, Ridik nods at Gardner. "Yes, let's go back to Ignatious home and we can come back here later. And slim will surely come with us. He has seen we want him no harm and will eb happy to come. no?"

Salix

First Post
OOC: I agree that the pace is very slow. That was why I asked how far along we were. I'm not sure how many available games there are out there. Christmas is always slow for new games.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: I have to admit I'm not happy with the pace either. While this is my first pbp game and I realize they're supposed to be slow, I look at other games that started around the same time as ours and they are hundreds of posts ahead of us. What has hurt us is that we've had to stop the game and restart it so many times whatever flow and structure we had seems to be gone. Is it possible to pick up the pace? I don't want to bail on the game but the pace is killing me.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: It can happen when master is replaced by another. If it wasn't a LEW game, it would have simply died.

Heckler, also, I hope to give a push at the Tournament this week-end as all the event of they day are about to conclude, so there will be more action on that.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Its more than switching DMs. We've been slow for a long time. This game just needs a swift kick in the pants to get it moving again. I don't think anyone is mad or trying to assign blame, but there is a good amount of frustration present.

Remove ads