• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Going all in on the dungeon punk!
_d3a266fc-1ccc-4824-a7b3-2ff5eaadf1da.jpg_b820762a-d2c1-4146-8b8b-2ac0d823189e.jpg_05a55b25-8e8b-4509-8512-d4c1a33da7d8.jpg_2a02769c-95df-4b3a-97ce-164e3fcb037b.jpg_c2d3e97c-2dd1-4713-a382-72720727b43a.jpg_69c38838-ded8-4310-b04c-ce7e4539af8e.jpg

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Wow. I want the prompt for that!
Here is an example: page from a naturalist's notebook showing sketches of a powerful male werewolf in stages of transformation starting from upright human form to full wolf form on four legs, writing looks like greek, drawn with pencil

I changed up the gender and the language style but not much else (other than the bat). Note that I did get some anatomically correct sketches which doesn't bother me (they actually look more real that way) but Eric's Grandma probably would not approve.

The Prompt
Three humans wearing brown cloaks explore an ancient ruin. Its crumbling buildings and obelisks are covered in occult runes and carvings, and are constructed out of black stone [originally obsidian] with an alien, uncomfortable geometry.

(I ran this prompt a few times with different art styles.)

Some of my favourite outputs:
ruins 1.jpegruins 2.jpegruins 3.jpegruins 4.jpegruins 5.jpegruins 6.jpeg

The image creator did tend to throw in an extra person now and again. I tried to be more specific about the geometry of the ruins in some versions of the prompt (like the anime-style one on the far right), to little effect.

My usual ''gritty line art and watercolor''

I put the emphasis on the armor made of belt, straps and pouches for those ones.

This is what I mean the style being pretty much uncontrollable. Using "muscular tribal barbarian woman with war paint and dreadlocks with feathers is exploring mysterious ancient ruins. gritty line art and watercolor" I got stuff like:

OIG.hvfATpf0BDk_.jpg

Completely different style than in your pictures. (This character description also produces about 3/4 of the pictures being men.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads