Damned If You Do... Recruiting Closed

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You are all approved, I'm just gonna try to make it work, it will armor us against player's dropping out.

Shayuri, though I just can't deal with that... thing... could you try something else?

Shayuri

First Post
lol...okay, I admit it was a long shot.

However, I do have a more conventional, but still very fun, idea to try.

I shall post as soon as I get it worked up.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, I likely will not be starting until Monday, March 14th. That should give me time to check out your characters and finish up the starting areas...

Almightyfoon

First Post
Here's Salie (Pronounced Sal-E-A)

Salie Merdon
Half Elf Bard 1
Virtue of Valor
Background: Half-Elf - Wanderer (+2 to Streetwise)
Alignment: Unaligned

ABILITY SCORES
STR 10
CON 14
DEX 16
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 18

COMBAT
AC 16
FORT 12
REFLEX 15
WILL 15
HP 26
BLOODIED 13
SURGES/DAY 9
SURGE VALUE 6
INIT +3
SPEED 6

SKILLS
TRAINED - Athletics +8, Arcana +5, Diplomacy+11, Insight +7, Streetwise +11
LANGUAGES - Common, Elven, Dwarven

FEATS
Ritual Caster
Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)

RACIAL FEATURES
Dilettante Sly Flourish
Dual Heritage
Group Diplomacy bonus

CLASS FEATURES
Bardic Training - Gain Ritual Caster feat and perform one
bard ritual per day without expending components
Bardic Virtue - Choose a Bardic Virtue option.
Virtue of Valor - When an ally within 5 squares
bloodies or reduces a foe to 0 hp, ally gains 1 + your Con
mod temporary hp (1/rd) (3 + Con mod at 11th, 5 + Con
mod at 21st)
Majestic Word - Gain majestic word power
Multiclass Versatility - Can choose class-specific
multiclass feats from more than one class
Skill Versatility - +1 to untrained skill checks
Song of Rest - At end of short rest, you and each ally
spending a healing surge adds your Cha mod to hp regained
Words of Friendship - Gain the words of friendship power

POWERS
AT-WILL
Staggering Note
Guiding Strike

ENCOUNTER
Second Wind
Sly Flourish
Majestic Word
Words of Friendship
Inspiring Refrain

DAILY
Echoes of the Guardian

EQUIPMENT
35gp
Ritual Book, Rapier, Leather Armor, Light Shield, Adventurer's Kit, Grappling Hook, Lute
PERSONALS
Height: 6'
Weight: 180lbs.
Patron Deity: Corelion

Salie is a wandering bard, traveling from town to town collecting stories, songs, interesting rumors and notches on his belt. Salie is a consummate ladies man, and whether it is due to his own personality, good looks, or a bit of magical charm is up for debate. He is also a passable swordsman, and totes a small shield and rapier with which he defends himself when necessary, but most of the time he will simply try and talk his way out of a situation.

Attachments

• Salie.dnd4e
    98.9 KB · Views: 65

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
okay, I've done the prep work I need to actually run the game, although a lot will be improvised.

I don't yet have a cohesive story start point. I'll be reviewing characters and backgrounds over the weekend, and will work with you all to tie your characters together. We will actually get into play the middle of next week.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Rhogar is a captain in the local militia, so he could easily be called up for anything that pertains to the safety of the town. You could use that as a starting point.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Some Commentary:

In case it is not clear, I am male. I would prefer you use masculine pronouns when referring to me. (Yes, I know my name is confusing, it's a long story from the Eric Noah's site.) If I use the wrong pronoun for some of you, I apologize, and will correct myself.

Voda Vosa: Did you mean for your druid to be trained and all friendly with a chaotic evil race of creatures whose very presence corrupts the environment? I'm going to work under the assumption that this was a tribe of Grippli or other good frog people that the dwarves were warring with because they thought they were bullywugs.

Walking Dad: Does your character have a name? Do you mind If I tie his background to the campaign by turning "Applewood" into Thunderstone?

Rolyat58: Do you mind if I dictate some rough background for your character? Born in Thunderstone, ran away as an adolescent, taken in by an order of monks, your wanderings have brought you home.

Shayuri: Are you going to play a replacement character or are you out for good?

Insight

Adventurer
I've created a brief background for Charn Windrost:

[sblock=Background in Brief]Charn Windrost was born in Thunderstone and spent the majority of his life in and around the mining town. His family has been part of the town's mining tradition for generations. It was expected that Charn would join his father, uncles, and brothers in the mines, but the boy took a different path. Early in his adolescence, Charn began spending a lot of time in the mountains. He loved to climb the craggy rocks and watch the sun rise over the mountain. Charn spent so much time in the mountains that he started to feel more at home outdoors than in town. By the time Charn reached the age of maturity, he declared that he would not become a miner. Instead, Charn would work on the mountain, helping travelers as a guide or aiding hunters attacked by evil humanoids or beasts. Though the Windrost family could not understand their son's affinity for the mountain, they felt a certain sense of pride when they boy would shepherd yet another lost soul back to Thunderstone or save another hunter from a pack of goblins.[/sblock]

This has also been added to my character entry on page 3.

Remove ads