Damned If You Do... Recruiting Closed

Insight

Adventurer
Here's my current idea:

CHARN WINDROST
Human Warden 1
Lifespirit Might
Background: Geography - Mountains (+2 to Athletics)
Alignment: Good

ABILITY SCORES
STR 18
CON 14
DEX 11
INT 10
WIS 17
CHA 08

COMBAT
AC 18
FORT 16
REFLEX 13
WILL 15
HP 31
BLOODIED 15
SURGES/DAY 11
SURGE VALUE 7
INIT +2
SPEED 6

SKILLS
TRAINED - Athletics +8, Dungeoneering +8, Heal +8, Nature +10, Perception +10
LANGUAGES - Common, Giant

FEATS
Lifespirit Vigor: When Charn uses Second Wind, another ally can make a saving throw
Wasteland Wanderer

RACIAL FEATURES
Bonus Feat
Bonus Skill
Human Defense Bonuses
Human Power Selection - Heroic Effort

CLASS FEATURES
Font of Life: Charn makes one saving throw at the beginning of his turn
Guardian Might - Lifespirit: When Charn uses his Second Wind, only ally within 5 squares can spend a healing surge and make a saving throw
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, once per turn, Charn marks all enemies adjacent to him.

POWERS
AT-WILL
Resilience of Life
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
ENCOUNTER
Heroic Effort
Warden's Sacrifice
DAILY
Form of Mountain's Thunder

EQUIPMENT
7gp
Warhammer, Sling, Hide Armor, Heavy Shield, Adventurer's Kit, Grappling Hook, Hammer, 10 Pitons, 50ft Silk Rope, Bottle of Wine, Totem

PERSONALS
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 235lbs.
Patron Deity: None
Homeland: Thunderstone, Nentir Vale

[sblock=Background in Brief]Charn Windrost was born in Thunderstone and spent the majority of his life in and around the mining town. His family has been part of the town's mining tradition for generations. It was expected that Charn would join his father, uncles, and brothers in the mines, but the boy took a different path. Early in his adolescence, Charn began spending a lot of time in the mountains. He loved to climb the craggy rocks and watch the sun rise over the mountain. Charn spent so much time in the mountains that he started to feel more at home outdoors than in town. By the time Charn reached the age of maturity, he declared that he would not become a miner. Instead, Charn would work on the mountain, helping travelers as a guide or aiding hunters attacked by evil humanoids or beasts. Though the Windrost family could not understand their son's affinity for the mountain, they felt a certain sense of pride when they boy would shepherd yet another lost soul back to Thunderstone or save another hunter from a pack of goblins.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Charn Windrost Human Warden 1.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Murmock

Murmock was an odd dwarf. He didn't like the montains at all, and often wandered off into the swamps nearby, to play with the frogs and toads of the swamps, and ocacionally, with the groove of bullywugs that inhabited the swamps. Oddly enough, the tribal frogmen didn't consider Murmock an intruder. His fascination with it, led to his father outcasting him from the clan. With no where to go, Murmock asked for shelter in the bullywug village. There, he made friends with the local druid, an eldery bullywug named Cockrack.
Cockrack took Murmock under his wing, and showed him the wanders of nature and the gifts it offered to the ones patient enough to look. After years of contemplation, Murmock became a full druid himself.
Murmock worked to forge a bond of friendship between his homeland and his adoptive people, and finally succeeded, and the dwarves and bullywugs signed a treaty of alliance and trade. Now at the service of the alliance council, Murmock is sent to the town of Thunderstone to investigate, for one side, the possibilities of mine exploration, and for the other side, to see what was perturbating nature, around Elber’s Tomb.

Murmock, level 1
Dwarf, Druid
Build: Swarm Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Swarm
Background: Dwarf - Outcast

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 15 Fort: 13 Reflex: 13 Will: 15
HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +9, Perception +9, Heal +9, Endurance +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +6, History, Insight +4, Intimidate, Religion, Stealth +1, Streetwise, Thievery +1, Athletics -1

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Ferocious Tiger Form

POWERS
Druid at-will 1: Swarming Locusts
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Tide (Druid)
Druid at-will 1: Grasping Claws
Druid encounter 1: Stinging Cloud
Druid daily 1: Summon Giant Toad

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Hide Armor, Quarterstaff, Staff Implement, Adventurer's Kit, Backpack (empty)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger, Create Campsite

Attachments

• Murmock.pdf
    346.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
I still can't access the house rules section. But I can see just about everything else. Would a dragonborn or tiefling warlord be acceptable? If so, I'll start work on my character.

*grumble* the one thing I don't copy onto en world...

Everyone but Deva have access to martial.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is a rough draft for my character. Still can't see the house rules, but will make adjustments as needed.
attachment.php

Rhogar Drakebane is a captain of the militia in the town of Thunderstone. He makes a humble living as a journeyman blacksmith when he isn't drilling with the militia to defend the town in case of attack. Although he is not a career military man, he has an uncanny knack for all matters military and prodigious skills in leadership. He also has a certain sense of destiny. Something happened to him at the age of 5 that changed his outlook on life greatly. He often refers to this as his "awakening." Raised in poverty with no family ties, he had to earn respect and position as he grew up. Because of his natural talent, strength, and wits, he has often been mistaken for a much older person, but is quite young at the age of 15. His scales are a shimmering silver color and he has a powerful athletic build. His color is Light Blue.

Rhogar Drakebane
Warlord Dragonborn Level 1
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 295 lbs.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Bahamut
Size: Medium
Speed: 5 (6 unarmored)
Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic
Hit Points: 22
Healing Surges: 7 (value: 5)
Str 20 (+5), Con 10 (+0), Dex 8 (-1), Int 11 (+0), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 16 (+3)
Initiative: +1 (includes Combat Leader)
AC 18, Fort 16 Ref 12 Will 14
Racial Traits: +2 History and +2 Intimidate*, Dragonborn Fury, Draconic Heritage, Dragon Breath (Strength, Cold)
*already calculated
Background: Dragonborn Brush with the Past (+2 History)*
*already calculated
Warlord Class Features: Armor Proficiency (Cloth, leather, hide, chainmail; light shield), Weapon Proficiencies (Simple melee, military melee, simple ranged), +1 Fortitude*, +1 Will*, Combat Leader, Commanding Presence (Inspiring Presence), Inspiring Word
*already calculated
Skills: Acrobatics -4, Arcana +0, Athletics +2, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +2*, Heal +5*, History +9*, Insight +0, Intimidate +10*, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion +0, Stealth -4, Streetwise +3, Thievery -4
*trained skill
Feats: Shield Proficiency (Heavy)
Equipment: chainmail, heavy shield, longsword, 2 javelins, backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, belt pouch, trail rations (10 days), hempen rope (50 ft), sunrods (2), waterskin, 10 gp
[sblock=At-Will Exploits][sblock=Furious Smash]Furious Smash Warlord Attack 1
You slam your shield into your enemy, bash him with your weapon’s haft, or drive your shoulder into his gut. Your attack doesn’t do much damage—but your anger inspires your ally to match your ferocity.
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: Deal damage equal to your Strength modifier, and then choose one ally adjacent to either you or the target. This ally applies your Charisma modifier as a power bonus to the attack roll and the damage roll on his or her next attack against the target. If the ally does not attack the target by the end of his or her next turn, the bonus is lost.[/sblock]
[sblock=Viper's Strike]Viper’s Strike Warlord Attack 1
You trick your adversary into making a tactical error that gives your comrade a chance to strike.
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.
Effect: If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of your choice.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Encounter Exploits][sblock=Dragon Breath]Dragon Breath Dragonborn Racial Power
As you open your mouth with a roar, the deadly power of your draconic kin blasts forth to engulf your foes.
Encounter * Cold
Minor Action - Close blast 3
Targets: All creatures in area
Attack: Strength + 2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier damage. Increase to +4 bonus and 2d6 + Constitution modifier damage at 11th level, and to +6 bonus and 3d6 + Constitution modifier damage at 21st level.[/sblock]
[sblock=Guarding Attack] Guarding Attack Warlord Attack 1
With a calculated strike, you knock your adversary off balance and grant your comrade-in-arms some protection against the villain’s attacks.
Encounter * Martial,Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage. Until the end of your next turn, one ally adjacent to either you or the target gains a +2 power bonus to AC against the target’s attacks.
Inspiring Presence: The power bonus to AC equals 1 + your Charisma modifier.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Daily Exploits][sblock=Bastion of Defense] Bastion of Defense Warlord Attack 1
Honorable warriors never fall!
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage. Allies within 5 squares of you gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses until the end of the encounter.
Effect: Allies within 5 squares of you gain temporary hit points equal to 5 + your Charisma modifier.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• 119439.jpg
    119439.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Rolyat58

First Post
Dorn Silvane
Half Orc Monk 1
Stone Fist Monk
Background - Birth Among Another Race (Human)
Alignment: Lawful Good

Ability Scores
STR - 14
CON - 12
DEX - 20
INT - 10
WIS -11
CHA - 8

Combat
AC - 17
FORT - 13
REF - 16
WILL - 12
HP - 24
Bloodied - 12
Surges/Day - 8
Surge Value - 6
INIT - +5
Speed - 5

Skiils
Trained- Acrobatics +10, Athletics +7, Endurance +8, Perception +5
Languages - Common, Giant

Feats
Crashing Tempest Style - While wielding a club, you gain a +2 bonus to damage dealt by your flurry of blows power

Racial Features
Furious Assault
Half-Orc's Resilience
Swift Charge

Class Features
Monastic Tradition- Choose a flurry of blows and become more resilient.
Stone Fist- Gain Stone Fist Flurry of Blows and Mental Bastion
Unarmed Combatant- Gain Monk Unarmed Strike +3 Attack, 1d8 damage.
Unarmored Defense- +2 AC in cloth and no armor.

Powers
At-Will
Crane's Wings
Dragon's Tail
Encounter
Awaken the Slumbering Hurt
Daily
Spinning Leopard Style

Equipment
Cloth Armor
1 Adventurer's kit
1 Ki Focus
1 Club
83 gold

Personals
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Deity: None

Attachments

• Dorn level 1 monk.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 104

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...no feedback on my concept proposal...

Was it merely missed, or are you trying to think of a way to say no strongly enough? :)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, The Following are Definitely in. You all voted for this campaign, and your characters don't make me cry, and conveniently, you cover 4 roles.

WD Human Mage
Insight Human Warden
Rolyat HO Monk
Airwalker DB Warlord

I wanted 6 people. I have 8.
I'm closing recruiting to anyone else now, and I will post later about how I am apportioning the other spots. (I am considering just opening it up to 8, but seeing as how I am not sure everyone's concept flies with me I really have to think.)

tiornys

Explorer
Updated my initial post with a character sketch and mini-build, since we've had several builds popping up ;) ...edit: Now a full build and a thinly fleshed out character.

edit: this should have a side benefit of making it easier for Charwoman Gene to decide whether she he likes my concept....

Last edited:

Remove ads