Damned If You Do... Recruiting Closed

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Coming in from the other thread. I am looking at trying out the warlord this time. Not sure about race, but probably either dragonborn or tiefling. I can't access your obsidian portal site. It says it is limited to GM only ATM. So I will put together a more detailed concept when you get the site up.

Shayuri

First Post
I have a mad posh to try playing something weird.

If you don't reject it outright, it will take a little collaboration betwixt you and I to fit in.

[sblock=Might Be Spoils Here]DENIED! If you have't already cheated and looked, it's TOO LATE! :p (^_^)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Almightyfoon

First Post
Like I said above I'm playing a melee centric bard. I'll be a leader striker hybrid with a emphasis towards striker in my feat choices. Ill build very much to the party face, and I'll have skills to support that as well as my duelist archetype. I'm a valor bard and I'm geared towards that. So a second leader might not be a terrible idea.

Walking Dad

First Post
Here is what I got so far.

Symon Elwood

[sblock=Character Sheet]level 1
Human, Wizard Mage
Illusion Apprentice
Background: Geography - Forest (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +7, Arcana +9, Dungeoneering +7, History +9, Religion +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Endurance +3, Heal +2, Insight +2, Intimidate, Nature +2, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
Human: Staff Expertise
Level 1: Unarmored Agility

POWERS
Wizard at-will 1: Nightmare Eruption
Wizard at-will 2: Beguiling Strands
Mage Feature: Magic Missle
Wizard encounter 1: Charm of Misplaced Wrath
Wizard daily 1: Horrid Whispers
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Flaming Sphere

ITEMS
Spellbook, Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Mindwarp staff, Potion of Healing (heroic tier), 18 gp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
-What does the character look like?
[sblock=Pic]
100471.jpg
[/sblock]

-What's his story?
Born in a small forest village, he remembers most of his adult life as citizen in the arcane district of Old Nerrath, selling his particularly talent to the highest bidder, before he started to work as an adventurer out of the city (nothing much to explore in there.)

-Where does he come from?
Jorje was born and raised in the small village Thunderstone.
But after manifesting his talent for arcane magic, his parents sent him to Old Nerrath to study at the Shadowdream Academy, that specializes in illusion and ... darker magic, in the arcane district. He later left the city for more lucerative jobs out there.

-What's his personality?
A bit dark and calculating, he isn't evil per se, but hasn't yet experienced the true values of sacrifice and friendship, but is up to learn them...

-Why is he an adventurer?
Profit and excitement. The magic items and rituals adventurers typically find on their explorations would cost him a fortune on the free market.

His past time mentor, that says he is always acting on self interest and won't never change the world has nothing to do with this...[/sblock]

Italicized locations in the background can be adapted to the setting.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
Coming in from the other thread. I am looking at trying out the warlord this time. Not sure about race, but probably either dragonborn or tiefling. I can't access your obsidian portal site. It says it is limited to GM only ATM. So I will put together a more detailed concept when you get the site up.

Whoops, that was accidental. Fixed now.

Rolyat58

First Post
Well dang lol.....well I'll still give Monk a try, I actually randomly out of the blue got a DDI account so I'll be using the character builder so that should help me with all the implements and what nots lol

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Like I said above I'm playing a melee centric bard. I'll be a leader striker hybrid with a emphasis towards striker in my feat choices. Ill build very much to the party face, and I'll have skills to support that as well as my duelist archetype. I'm a valor bard and I'm geared towards that. So a second leader might not be a terrible idea.
Well I am of the opinion that two leaders (healers) is never a bad idea unless its a really small party. Especially since you are planning to be a hybrid. I am actually looking at creating a Warlord with some Warlock multiclass, so I might be kind of hybrid myself, but haven't settled on that.

Insight

Adventurer
Well dang lol.....well I'll still give Monk a try, I actually randomly out of the blue got a DDI account so I'll be using the character builder so that should help me with all the implements and what nots lol

Oh, Monks are great, just not the easiest to play right out of the gate. For that, I would probably choose a Rogue or something.

The Character Builder will definitely help. Those of us experienced with 4th ed (and the Monk in particular) can always offer pointers.

Remove ads