• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Felix was a odd chap didn't like ale" Captain Bedrock faces twists and contorts at the thought of never drinking ale."Said it dulled the mind or some other tosh. Felix enjoyed the theater he would often be seen in t'front row it inspired 'im. Everyone in t'industrial district had a high opinion of 'im until recently that is and he was found to be dabbling with dark magic and forbidden science."

"So in short. Find Felix, preferably retrieve him Alive & destroy the Automaton. Sounds like we better get started then. Shall we Head back to his Workshop First then?"

Last edited:

How discreet should this be? Should we avoid questioning his friends and neighbors?

Kaleth shifts his telepathic voice to his companions.

It seems we have been hired to track down this Felix and destroy his automaton. We will need access to the workshop. The undead will cause problems.

Keleth turns back to Captain Bedrock.

Are the undead part of this contract? For they will cause difficulty in tracking down this Felix. Are you gathering a contingent to clear the shop. Having them escape the confines would not be advised.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We destroy the things. As far as we know, Felix is hiding in there afraid of the creature he released."

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We should check his house first. It is only one rotation away, we don't need to go across the ring to the workshop first." Leonan explains his thoughts.
In elven:
"We settled that we will solve the zombie problem, not that we will do it immediately, Shavara. Lets get settled first so we can put our warm clothes down."

To the Captain:
"Captain, we just arrived. Could we get some accommodations first and are there still bodies to look over? How quickly this murderer kills? Once a day? All in one day? How long ago did all this happen?"

OOC: Sorry if the time interval was mentioned, I just did once over the captains post, but didn't find it.

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: It's only been a couple hours the city is fairly large. As for the actual time around midday.

People know have rough ideas of what Felix was up t' 'n' know 'e is missin' so questions about him will be fine but they do not know anything bout murders 'n' let's keep it that way. Tis hard to protect the panicking sheep. Technically t'undead ain't your issue but it would be helpful, my boys 'n' girls ain't no army fighting undead is a bit above them keeping the peace 'owever they can do. Unless you want to inspect bodies you know all I know.

'T murders all 'appened same day, within a couple o' hours we think. That was a couple days ago, been quite since two quite.I'll arrange rooms for you at t'under Croft Inn. Located in the market district.

"We'll also need to know where the murders took place, who was killed, where they lived. We don't need that information immediately. You can leave it at the Inn and we can look at after we've been to Felix's house and workshop." Shavara says. To the group she adds, "We can discuss our next destination outside without wasting any more of the Captain's time."

"If there isn't anything else you can add, thanks for your time, Captain." After waiting a moment for his response, Shavara heads for the door.

Outside, "Since we don't have to deal with the undead, we may as well go to his house. It's closer."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Colember has been uncharacteristically quiet and brooding since the portal.

He finally speaks upon leaving. "Apologies for my silence, new companions, ou previous companion was a good friend and his leaving has left a void I did not think was there. By all means, let us get settled quickly and check out this Felix's home."

OOC: Was the captain forthcoming? Or did I pickup anything possibly shady?Insight: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

Remove ads