Day of the Doctor

Am I the only one who thinks that the painting IS Gallifrey? I mean it just seems so obvious to me, I mean Gallifrey is supposed to be stuck in a moment in time, and how do they explain the painting? But the Doctor just seems so clueless goin on about how hes going to find Gallifrey, when hes staring right at it all the while. You know for being a 900+ year old super-genius, the Doctor can be a bit slow sometimes.

MarkB

Legend
Am I the only one who thinks that the painting IS Gallifrey? I mean it just seems so obvious to me, I mean Gallifrey is supposed to be stuck in a moment in time, and how do they explain the painting? But the Doctor just seems so clueless goin on about how hes going to find Gallifrey, when hes staring right at it all the while. You know for being a 900+ year old super-genius, the Doctor can be a bit slow sometimes.

Given the painting's full name and the person who's looking after it, it does seem like a strong possibility.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Doesn't Capaldi's age show that he is sort of a new line of Doctors? Docs have been growing younger with each regeneration, not older (Hurt was shown in a reflection when he was "born" and looked young).

Eh? How do you figure?

Hartnell 55
Troughton 46 (down)
Pertwee 50 (up)
Tom Baker 40 (down)
Davison 29 (down)
Colin Baker 40 (up)
McCoy 44 (up)
McGann 36 (down)
Eccleston 41 (up)
Tennant 34 (down)
Smith 27 (down)
Capaldi 55 (up)

6 went younger, 5 went older. Pretty even

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

He knows it is. He went into it and everything. He explained that. That was his plan; he used 13 TARDISes to do it.

The problem isn't finding it. It's how to release it without the war continuing from that moment.

Last edited:

Well, he spend 400 years of Sonic Screwdriver CPU Cycles to open an unlocked door.

On the other hand, he wrote a few numerals on a wall and a few hundred years later someone used that numerals to open his door shortly after he wrote those numerals.

So I dunno.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Deleted scene, plus "Making Of" featurette.

[video=youtube;1UVt0NF5j0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1UVt0NF5j0g[/video]

[video=youtube;mgMdxFALr6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgMdxFALr6c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
He knows it is. He went into it and everything. He explained that. That was his plan; he used 13 TARDISes to do it.

I think you might be wrong, there, Morrus. I think the context and words at the end is pretty clear that Gallifrey itself is still hidden, and must be found. Gallifrey Falls No More is the Battle of Arcadia, not the whole of the planet. It is supposed to be a breadcrumb.

The problem isn't finding it. It's how to release it without the war continuing from that moment.

No - the war doesn't continue from that moment. They took the planet, but left the Dalek fleet in the sky to destroy itself in crossfire.

With Daleks and Time Lords in play, I think they have to worry about history repeating itself *metaphorically*, having a Second Time War, but not the war continuing directly from that moment.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think you might be wrong, there, Morrus. I think the context and words at the end is pretty clear that Gallifrey itself is still hidden, and must be found. Gallifrey Falls No More is the Battle of Arcadia, not the whole of the planet. It is supposed to be a breadcrumb.

Perhaps - but I didn't get any sense of "We'll use these 13 TARDISes in this eleaborate plan I've been plotting for 1200 years to .. err... I don't know what!" I definitely got the sense he knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe I need to watch it again!

No - the war doesn't continue from that moment. They took the planet, but left the Dalek fleet in the sky to destroy itself in crossfire.

Ah, very true.

Remove ads