D&D 4E DCC 4e Covers

D'karr

Adventurer
Yair said:
I really like the new covers, much more than the old ones.

I found the dungeon crawl adventures too much of a dungeon crawl, though :heh: Not much surprise there...

LOL. That's like saying I found that Coke tastes too much like Coca Cola.

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
Listened to the podcast, not bad.

-They are going to more of a 2nd edition look ("always try to stay two editions behind")
-Each of these three will have (at least) two sequals, so 9 modules planned so far
-Will be doing a less "dungeon crawly" line of modules in addition to the classics
-Also will be doing 4E suplements
-And other stuff I don't remember.

Wow. I know I am repeating myself from other threads, but with GG, NG, WoTC and most likely several freelancers doing adventures (AP's or the like) for 4e, I really have great hopes that the loss of Paizo won't be as bad.

Not that I ever run stuff directly from the books, but it's always a great read and inspiration.

Pinotage

Explorer
Looks good. Almost a Pathfinder style of covers in a way. I see they're continuing with the old numbering system as well, which is neat for those collectors out there.

Pinotage

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Jack99 said:
Wow. I know I am repeating myself from other threads, but with GG, NG, WoTC and most likely several freelancers doing adventures (AP's or the like) for 4e, I really have great hopes that the loss of Paizo won't be as bad.

Not that I ever run stuff directly from the books, but it's always a great read and inspiration.

WotC includes both the published line of modules and online Dungeon, which is supposed to have an AP and other stuff.

I am also expecting (hoping) XRP, Fiery Dragon, and some of the other small (but quality) producers will also be releasing stuff.

In any case, I don't expect a shortage of adventures (or other stuff) for 4E in the coming years.

Halivar

First Post
D'karr said:
LOL. That's like saying I found that Coke tastes too much like Coca Cola.
D'karr, I think that's a little insensitive to those of us who are still trying to forget the "New Coke" formula of the 80's.

Stormtalon

First Post
Halivar said:
D'karr, I think that's a little insensitive to those of us who are still trying to forget the "New Coke" formula of the 80's.

*curls up in fetal position*

Classic is coming. Classic is coming.....

Gundark

Explorer
Jack99 said:

I gonna Quote you for Truth here. I was a dissappointed that Paizo wasn't doing 4e stuff....but now I'm happy with what I'm seeing.

Shroomy

Adventurer
While GR hasn't announced any 4e plans, Chris Pramas said on his blog that recent GSL developments have made it more likely that they will support 4e in some fashion.

Ranes

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
Should we start worrying about the 4E glut?

Is that a trick question? There's no need to worry if you want glut.

As for the new DCC covers, they make me laugh. The original DCCs deliberately echoed 1e's cheesy charm and definitive style. They succeeded in appealing to new and old gamers alike but especially old gamers who wanted to feel like they were new gamers again.

These new covers have dropped the charade and instead rely simply on good execution for their appeal. I think they're elegant.

The problem is, I also think the word 'classic' in the logo is even more incongruous than it used to be. Something is not classic because it declaims that it is but the old style covers enabled Goodman to get away with that line, because they looked the part. These new covers don't.

I would have given Goodman more credit for trying to create a new brand, rather than come out with the rather feeble 'always try to stay two editions behind' angle.

Last edited:

Remove ads