D&D 4E DCC 4e Covers

Nahat Anoj

First Post
TerraDave said:
Listened to the podcast, not bad.

-They are going to more of a 2nd edition look ("always try to stay two editions behind")
-Each of these three will have (at least) two sequals, so 9 modules planned so far
-Will be doing a less "dungeon crawly" line of modules in addition to the classics
-Also will be doing 4E suplements
-And other stuff I don't remember.
I really like the team-up they mentioned with Fat Dragon Games. GG will be including some 3D props, which is great IMO.

Also, I think I heard that they will have the first three DCCs ready for sale by Gencon.

Voadam

Legend
Jonathan Moyer said:
I really like the team-up they mentioned with Fat Dragon Games. GG will be including some 3D props, which is great IMO.

Also, I think I heard that they will have the first three DCCs ready for sale by Gencon.

According to the WotC rep statements no 3rd party publisher will be able to sell any 4e products until Oct. 1. Isn't gencon before that?

They could have them ready for demo games I guess and as advertisements for people to look at to entice them to preorder them or buy them when they can sell them.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Jonathan Moyer said:

Which is unfortunate, since they can't release them until October 1st.

Scribble

First Post
TerraDave said:
Listened to the podcast, not bad.

-They are going to more of a 2nd edition look ("always try to stay two editions behind")
-Each of these three will have (at least) two sequals, so 9 modules planned so far
-Will be doing a less "dungeon crawly" line of modules in addition to the classics
-Also will be doing 4E suplements
-And other stuff I don't remember.

Long as they don't try to achieve the same effect the 2nd edition adventures had... oye.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Goodman said the numbering was important to show they are new adventures, not just 3E adventures updated to 4E (the updates will instead be PDFs)

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Voadam said:
According to the WotC rep statements no 3rd party publisher will be able to sell any 4e products until Oct. 1. Isn't gencon before that?
Yeah, Gencon is in August. This interview was just after GTS, and it may be that those companies weren't told about the October date. (however, the conspiracy theoriest in me says they were ;) )

Here's what Joseph Goodman had to say about his 4e stuff (it's a little after 43:20 of the OgreCave interview:

"We are on track to have August releases for Gencon for some of our 4th edition modules."

I'm hoping Goodman Games and some other 3rd party systems will have a deal worked out with WotC in order to sell 4e stuff at Gencon this year.

Shroomy

Adventurer
FYI, Goodman Games is going to release .pdf files converting old 3.5e adventures to 4e. They will also be unveiling a free gazeteer on game day, showcasing the new style of 4e DCC.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Shroomy said:
FYI, Goodman Games is going to release .pdf files converting old 3.5e adventures to 4e.

NuteGunray.jpg

Is that...legal...?

Remove ads