• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ddo

Irondeacon

First Post
Yup. Most of my alts are members of Knights of the Blackrose on Sarlona. If you see a knight, and deacon is in the name, it's me.

Funny thing is that DDO got me back into a regular Pen and Paper campaign after a 20 year hiatus, which lead to me following the forums on EN World.

And for all you folks out there who haven't given DDO a shot, Dungeon and Dragons on-line is now free to play. Things to know before you start:
Everything can be had by the free to play player, same as a premium, just slower to come by.
Gameplay is loosely based on 3.5 rules
A good guild provides alot of the same feel as p&p playing
The best Podcast about DDO is DDO Cast at www.ddocast.com , great for beginners and vets.

Sorry for the length and off topic ramblings of this reply, but DDO is definitely one of my hot buttons.

The Deacon.

Initiate

First Post
I recently began playing DDO. I for the life of me can't remember the name of my server though. I've found it to be pretty fun so far. The community is different from the WoW crowd from what I've seen so far, which is a good thing.

Are there any particular servers/realms that are better than the others?

Ahzad

Explorer
i play on the cannith servers and head up the fellowship of flint and steel guild. names i'm under are ahzad, krass, shenan. so if you are on cannith hit me up sometime.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I tried to install it last nite, but it never finished. HOwever, their panda tool was consuming all my RAM this morning.....not a fan of the install. I MIGHT try it again.

Irondeacon

First Post
I recently began playing DDO. I for the life of me can't remember the name of my server though. I've found it to be pretty fun so far. The community is different from the WoW crowd from what I've seen so far, which is a good thing.

Are there any particular servers/realms that are better than the others?

Not really. The trick to DDO is to play with a guild you enjoy and mesh with, not necessarily which server you're on. My suggestion is to get involved in some Pick Up Games (PUGS), and check out some of the players and their guilds, before jumping into one.

IronWolf

blank
I played a good amount of DDO last fall/winter/spring. I have sort of drifted away, but I found the game quite fun and a good time. I was on the Thelanis server at the time.

sappire07

First Post
my characters​

khyber:brownwynn=brownwynn lvl2 wiz
alsuriel= lvl3 sorc
sappire= lvl4 rogue3/barb1
valeney= lvl3 ranger

argonnesan:valenay lvl3 melee cleric
brownwynn lvl1 bard​

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads