Death in Freeport

Voadam

Legend
Arcata
[sblock]The page has a date from one week ago.

It says
I have begun to feel like I'm being watched. I pray this is not a further milestone on the road to madness. I think I'll take the Uraqi dagger with me in the morning. In a city like Freeport I can't be too careful. Especially with open pirates who are known killers in port.
[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Dogrynn descends into the basement and Aidan followswith Brother Egil behind him. The mice seem to be the only occupants and though there are a lot of bookshelves and display tables, they are completely empty of books, maps, or scrolls.

Aidan searches around the walls but only notices that the bookshelves are of fine quality and not likely old.

Hinjo notices people outside but none seem to be heading to the house or to keeping watch over it.

Erekose13

Explorer
Dogrynn will poke around the basement to see if he can see any signs of recent activity or other hidden areas. Not that he'll have much luck though.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata claps the diary shut with a triumphant little 'hah,' and goes to the trapdoor to call down.

"I have found his diary! Brother, you should look at it. There's some words I don't recognize...I think they relate to what he was researching. He also mentions trouble with pirates here in town."

Voadam

Legend
Brother Egil goes back up the stairs to join Arcata and look over the diary entry.

Dogrynn and Aidan continue to search down below but the basement looks cleaned out and empty and they find nothing of note.

He reads parts of it aloud "'I'll take the Uraqi dagger with me . . . Especially with open pirates who are known killers'. Well Uraq is one of the two great ancient human civilizations we know about on the southern continent. Formerly a great power in the ancient world their time has passed and many of their city states lie in ruins today. Hinjo can tell you a little about it, he's studied about the Uraqi among other cultures. Hinjo, would you join us here?"

For Hinjo [sblock]Uraq is one of the foreign cultures Hinjo has studied at the Athenaeum. It is one of the oldest human cultures known, possibly the oldest. They had city states each dedicated to a different god. Only the city state of Uraq still stands today and it is a modern incarnation after invasions with mostly just the old religions still practiced but no direct connection to the ancient cultures and empires, though they say otherwise. Their cosmology includes the world starting in chaos with Tiamat the Chaos dragon and her consort emerging and spawning monsters and gods. Eventually conflict arose between her and the gods and she was overthrown and her body used to fashion the world. The gods later created humanity to work for the gods and gave strictures for humanity to live by.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
With nothing to show for their search down below, Dogrynn gets bored and heads back up the ladder. With little room around the small apartment, Dogrynn stands beside the door out of the way.

doghead

thotd
Hinjo is startled to hear his name mentioned in the diary. Replaying what he heard, he sorts out what was being read out by Brother Egil and what was commentary. Collecting his thoughts, Hinjo outlines what he can recall.

"Uraq is one of the oldest human cultures known, possibly the oldest. They had city states each dedicated to a different god. Only the city state of Uraq still stands today and it is a modern incarnation after invasions with mostly just the old religions still practiced but no direct connection to the ancient cultures and empires, though they say otherwise. Their cosmology includes the world starting in chaos with Tiamat the Chaos dragon and her consort emerging and spawning monsters and gods. Eventually conflict arose between her and the gods and she was overthrown and her body used to fashion the world. The gods later created humanity to work for the gods and gave strictures for humanity to live by."

Hinjo pauses for a moment, then adds, "Of course it is possible Uraq has no connection to events - he just took a dagger for protection. But in that case it would seem odd to say the Uraqi dagger as opposed to just a dagger.

"Regardless, it would seem one of the last things our man did was visit some pirates."

Remove ads