Death in Freeport

Shayuri

First Post
"Mal a la tete?" Arcara repeats disbelievingly...then shakes her head. Focus.

"I mean...right. Orc pirate. Lucius was talking to an orc pirate," she says weakly. "I suppose that means we should do the same."

Arcata taps the list.

"This also mentions a diary and travel log. We need to see if those are in here."

She frowns.

"Turnips. Why on earth would he include turnips?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"See, knew it'd be good to have you 'round mate. Any sign of them books he mentions?" says Dogrynn taking a bit more of an interest in the search now that they know what to look for. He'll aid another in searching if possible.

doghead

thotd
ic - DiF

Hinjo stays on the sidelines and out of the way of the others. While the others search, he keeps an eye out the front window (assuming that there is one) for any signs of trouble from that direction.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Aidan draws his scimitar and moves to the trap door, as he looks to see if it's locked, he asks Brother Egil, "Can you think of a reason Lucius might be talking to an orc pirate?"

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor said:
Aidan draws his scimitar and moves to the trap door, as he looks to see if it's locked, he asks Brother Egil, "Can you think of a reason Lucius might be talking to an orc pirate?"

"I'm not sure why he would do so. Maybe he thought the captain was connected somehow to his period of memory loss or to a cure for his current disturbed sleep. It is not something he would normally do, though he does speak orkish. We get few orcs seeking the Athenaeum's library services though I suppose that is possible too. But none of his current library duties that I took over involved research for this Captain by name."

The trapdoor is not locked.

None of the books on the tables are diaries. Two are ships log books detailing travels into the continent port city of Ptolus and down the great Uraqi River respectively but both are decades old with no recent entries.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Well, wotever it is, it ain't gonna be legit, know whadda mean?" says Rikki, " 'ere, who's gonner 'ave a gander down the ol' wossname then?" he asks, jerking a thumb at the trapdoor.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Aidan grasps the handle to the trap door and quickly pulls it open with his left hand while his scimitar is poised in his right hand for a downward thrust into the opening.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata collects the two logbooks, just in case, and puts them in her satchel. She then turns to watch the others with the trapdoor, and do a quick visual scan of the room for bookshelves...

Then realizes. Where do you keep your diary? In your bedroom, of course.

She heads over to the bed and does a search, checking in the pillow, under the mattress, under the frame...

doghead

thotd
ic - DiF

Assuming that there are others to back up Aiden, Hinjo maintains his position at the front of the house. With little else to do, his mind wanders a little.

"Is there a roof space, ... er, attik, in this house?"

He looks around for any sign of one.

Remove ads