• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death in Freeport

Shayuri

First Post
"He's right. Why don't you tell us who you know in the Pufferfish?" Arcata suggests. "A couple of us could go there without you and see what they know, while you and the rest follow up on other leads."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Uh, Raefel Dourman runs the Pufferfish. Best not mention my name though. He's got an ear to the ground and knows a lot of what's going on in town.
"
replies Dog.

Azgulor

Adventurer
"Alright, Dog. Let's try the Hammock. If we strike out there, we can check out the orc establishment."

Turning to the others, Aidan asks, "So are we splitting up? If so, who wants to take the Pufferfish and who wants to go with Dog and I?"

Shayuri

First Post
"We'll pretty much have to split up since we can't take Dog to the Pufferfish. I think as long as we're careful, we should be all right," Arcata notes.

"I'll go to the Pufferfish."

Voadam

Legend
The party splits into two groups Dogrynn giving Arcata and her group directions to the Fried Pufferfish while he and Aidan head off to the Salty Hammock.

The Fried Pufferfish is a dockside bar catering to the foreign ships in for trade. Many of the patrons are non humans of different sorts, including elves, short folk, and others. The minstrel providing exotic music is one of the short folk while the barman is a stout human whose quick eyes seem to pick up everything going on around him. A bouncer type near the entrance is a purple skinned hobgoblin with various tattoos. A placard states "No drawn blades!" Many patrons seem deep in converse and some have the look of ship officers.

---

The Salty Hammock is a cheap sailor's inn. Sure enough Dogrynn spies the rat-like fellow Urth in conversation with a barefoot sailor in a dark corner. The sailor exchanges a pouch with Urth and receives a few coins in return.

doghead

thotd
ic - DiF

Hinjo glances around at the others.

"I don't really have much experience at this sort of thing. Do we ask outright for Scarface? Do we tell them we are looking for (can't remember his name) and who we are?"

The barbarian warrior frowns.

"Getting information from books is easier," he mutters.

"I can go with Arcata. But perhaps she should do the talking."

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata glances at Hinjo and nods with a little smirky smile.

"I think that'd be best. Just stay right behind me and look imposing."

At the Fried Pufferfish Arcata pauses just inside the doorway to take in the ambiance and clientele. She then goes to the bar and takes a seat.

"Are you Raefel Dourman?" she asks the barkeeper.

doghead

thotd
ic - DiF

Hinjo nods.

"Imposing I am not sure about. But I have some experience of intimidating," he responds with a straight face.

Hinjo follows Arcata to the Fried Pufferfish. He pauses outside the door, about to suggest he goes in first. But Arcata doesn't seem to notice and strides through the door before the barbarian can make his suggestion. just inside she pauses to look over the interior, just as Hinjo would have done himself. Hinjo nodes to himself, pleased at his companion's good sense, then follows, close enough to be able to pull her out of danger in need be, but far enough back not to crowd her.

While Arcata addresses the barman, Hinjo keeps an eye on the room and its occupants for any signs of trouble or undue attention.

[sblock=ooc]Spot +2, Sense Motive +6[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
The Fried Pufferfish

Though you are sure he noticed you as you walked in, the dark haired barman with long sideburns passes a quickly appraising eye over Arcata and Hinjo that seems to take in much before smiling warmly and saying "I am indeed good miss, barman and proprietor of this fine drinking establishment. What can I get you and your companion tonight from the Fried Pufferfish?"

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata returns the smile warmly.

"A pleasure to meet you. I am Arcata, and I'll have one of your good ales, and also whatever he'd like," she motions at Hinjo.

She then adds, "And maybe an answer or two, if the questions suit you? I understand you're a knowledgeable sort."

Remove ads