• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death in Freeport

Erekose13

Explorer
As Dogrynn spots his 'friend' Urth he heads straight over. "Hey Urth, got a sec?" He completely ignores the sailor.

[sblock=ooc] better not let the guy with 6cha do all the talking or he'll end up being banned from here too![/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Voadam said:
Though you are sure he noticed you as you walked in, the dark haired barman with long sideburns passes a quickly appraising eye over Arcata and Hinjo that seems to take in much before smiling warmly and saying "I am indeed good miss, barman and proprietor of this fine drinking establishment. What can I get you and your companion tonight from the Fried Pufferfish?"

"That I am miss. Many of sailors of Freeport's fine merchantmen as well as those from abroad see fit to frequent the Pufferfish. We hear stories carried from across the waves and I keep an ear out for who is in port. Two ales for you and your companion coming up!" He taps into a barrel behind the bar and fills two tankards. "Now miss, what is the nature of your question?"

Voadam

Legend
Erekose13 said:
As Dogrynn spots his 'friend' Urth he heads straight over. "Hey Urth, got a sec?" He completely ignores the sailor.

[sblock=ooc] better not let the guy with 6cha do all the talking or he'll end up being banned from here too![/sblock]
Urth's hand disappears beneath his cloak, the pouch dissapearing. His nose wrinkles a little as he gives Dogrynn a half smile that is part sneer and part fawning obsequiousness.

The sailor looks Aidan and Dogrynn over and gets up muttering, leaving you to your business.

"Dog Grin." He says, never having gotten the pronunciation of the name quite right "Got something for me today? I'm happy to buy that sword of yours and keep you in grog for a long time. Or maybe your friend here. He has the look of the sea about him."

Shayuri

First Post
Voadam said:
"That I am miss. Many of sailors of Freeport's fine merchantmen as well as those from abroad see fit to frequent the Pufferfish. We hear stories carried from across the waves and I keep an ear out for who is in port. Two ales for you and your companion coming up!" He taps into a barrel behind the bar and fills two tankards. "Now miss, what is the nature of your question?"

"I need to find a particular orc captain," she says...not sure of the etiquette for asking after pirates in Freeport, and so deciding to be somewhat circumspect. "I'm afraid I don't have much to go on. Just a name."

She lowers her voice a bit and says, "Scarbelly." Then she just smiles serenely as if there were nothing at all odd about a pretty young maid looking for the scourge of the seas.

Voadam

Legend
The stout barman's face falls. "Oh miss." He shakes his head dolefully then says in a quieter voice. "Don't go see him. No matter how much he's done to you or yours, don't add yourself and your companion to his butcher's bill. He's a bloody handed killer who's caused more sorrow and heartache with his hatchet than I have customers but he's paid enough to have the run of the docks. Enough to throw more than two bodies over the side of his Bloody Vengeance no questions asked. He and his crew have been holed up for eleven days in port on their ugly ship waiting for who knows what but from what everyone says they're taughter than their crossbow strings and are aching for bloodletting. Its not just him to fear either, his crew are all bloodthirsty green orcs, and the first mate is almost as terrifying as the captain. For your sake put aside notions of seeing Captain Scarbelly."

He nods to Hinjo. "No offense to your skill with that blade, but my advice is for both of you to steer clear of him."

Erekose13

Explorer
Dogrynn looks back at Aidan for a moment as if considering it, Aidan can note that he didn't bother to look at his own sword though. "Nah not today, wondered if ya might have a bit of information that I'm in the market fer."

Shayuri

First Post
"Believe me, we're not unmindful of the dangers," Arcata says placatingly. "The full details are complex and personal, but we need to know where the Vengeance is anchored. Or at least get a fair description of it, so we can find it ourselves."

"I can say we're not planning on putting ourselves in more danger than we absolutely must though, if that helps."

Voadam

Legend
Erekose13 said:
Dogrynn looks back at Aidan for a moment as if considering it, Aidan can note that he didn't bother to look at his own sword though. "Nah not today, wondered if ya might have a bit of information that I'm in the market fer."
"You? In the market? Heh, you been banned from every bar in the docks and need a lead on a new rum house? What do you need?"

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri said:
"Believe me, we're not unmindful of the dangers," Arcata says placatingly. "The full details are complex and personal, but we need to know where the Vengeance is anchored. Or at least get a fair description of it, so we can find it ourselves."

"I can say we're not planning on putting ourselves in more danger than we absolutely must though, if that helps."

He shakes his head. "You can't miss it. The other captains have enough sense to give the Vengeance a wide berth in the docks. Ugly and battlescarred, the ship is crewed entirely by well armed green orcs. Tread carefully miss, they're red reavers one and all."

Remove ads