Death of the Dragons IC

hellrazor111

First Post
[Emi Gorgonoth Vimo]
As you head out the building, you see men runing about, attending different things.
There are 3 gates to the Village:
West Gate: is closed, and barred. A half dozen townfolk are on the wall with bows, and four are waiting behind it with sythes and swords..
South Gate: This gate is also closed and locked. The only people here are a few farmers with bows, and two armored men with swords.
North Gate: The gate hasn't been closed yet. In fact its the only open gate, with most of the men waiting in front. Looking out you can see 6 pricks of light, obviously torches, heading toward the gate, another horn is blasted, they are close enough that you can see there are 30 orcs in total.
[sblock=ooc]
The place is about as ready as it will get. The farmers look nervous but prepared to fight, drenched in the spring rain, Mahda is handing out some rods of Cure Minor Wounds to a few weaponless people, soldiers are trying with little luck to light the torches above the gates.
[/sblock]

[Navar-Eth James]
There are 3 sets of torches, one is already in the open, running toward the Village.
The second is still in the forest, moving slowly, its its a little smaller than the group close to the Village.
The final group appears small, only a two torches there, it is going to converge with the main group shortly. Before running off, the were-tiger hands a potion to James and says drink this, it'll help you see in the dark, and there a two or three healing potions in that bag, pointing to a small bag next to where he had been sitting. As he leaves, the man grows larger, mustles start growing along with ears claws and a tale, all like a tiger, and turing around he says Get your things and follow me.
[sblock=ooc]
James, for the items you want, remember you cant spend more than 3,500 gold on anything and you have a max of 5,400 gold.
[/sblock]

[sblock=all]
i know it may seen like im moving a little fast, but i like to get players to 6th lvl quickly. (and who doesnt like smashing orcs) Also, for those who may be fighting soon,(Navar-Eth and those in the city) I would like initiave roles please.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
[SBLOCK=Initiative] 1d20+3=15 [/SBLOCK]

Moving towards the group of lights still within the confines of the woods, Navar-Eth and Bronk swiftly and silently as only an Elf and a predatory animal can be, quickly close the gap between them. As they get to within 100' of the Orc party, clearly visible to keen Elven eyes, Navar-Eth fits an arrow to his bowstring, glides to a halt, and looses shaft after shaft into the unsuspecting Orc band.

[SBLOCK=hellrazor111]I dont know how many shots it will take before they react to my presence so i will roll a few. Bronk stays with me for the time being, ready to fight as he's been trained, standing behind Navar-Eth and useing his 10' reach to swipe at any ennemy that closes with Navar.
Shots:
1d20+7=23, 1d8+3=7
1d20+7=19, 1d8+3=10
1d20+7=19, 1d8+3=11
1d20+7=17, 1d8+3=10
OOC: Geez! Nice rolls!

Navar's strategy is simply to fire into them until they charge him. If he cant keep them back with arrows, he will switch to Scimtar and Shield if any enemy makes it within 20' feet of him. NOTE: this will be his default plan of action, should you ever need to play him in a fight for whatever reason.[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
Initiative: 1d20+1=4

Heading toward the northern gate as it is still open and the least protected, Vimo positions himself in front of the gates and other guards with his flail in hand. "Be prepared, this will get ugly."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Emi runs to the gate and uses a minor spell (Prestidigitation) to create a small jet of flame from her finger to quickly light one of the lamps there. Fighting without light would give the orcs all the advantages.

Gorgonoth follows Emi and keeps an eye open for any danger. I'm not letting damn orcs touch that cute little thing, he thinks to himself.

WarlockLord

First Post
The drow heard the alert as well. Running out of the inn where he had been resting, Mekaz'zan the hexblade drew his massive blade, Soultaker, and ran toward the north gate with his naked weapon glowing a fiendish red.

"Bored," he explains to the astounded witnesses, Emi, Gorgonoth, and Vimo, as he rushes toward the north gate and the foe.

Initiative 1d20+3=6

Attack

hellrazor111

First Post
[Navar-Eth] init:15
The first arrow hits, causing the orcs to stop. As they look for the source, the other arrows fall into their ranks, dropping one. As the last arrow hits, one orc points in your direction, and they start heading toward that way. The were-tiger runs past you and jumps, grabbing a tree branch before dissappearing into the trees.
[sblock=Navar Eth]
{Speed:40ft} They are 60ft away, moving at half speed
[/sblock]

[Emi] init:9
The torch burst into flames, lighting the area brightly. As you watch, the group heading toward the gate meets up with another. In this smaller group, there is one orc taller than the rest. There are now 35 orcs including the bigger one. You are astonished as you see a Drow pass you, there are a rare race, and, from the textbooks, a good one is even rarer.

[Mekaz'zan] init:6
Several of the townspeople give you a look, and some take a step away, though more from your blade than you. As the orcs close in a man runs up next to you with flail in hand, ready to fight.

[Vimo] init:4
When you run to the front, you see a Drow with a red sword waiting. You also see the large orc, who is around the middle of the group. He lets out a yell, followed by LEAVE NO ONE ALIVE Then, the orcs are there, and the fight begins.

[Gorgonoth]
"Protect Emi" is what's going on through your mind, as you stand a little in front and next to her. She lets a stream of fire from her finger, lighting up the area. A little while later, you see the orcs run into the waiting soldiers, and hear the sound of metal on metal.
[sblock=Vimo Gorgonoth Mekaz'zan]
you see the same sights thing as Emi
[/sblock]

[James]
You wait and watch as Navar-Eth fires arrows into the orcs, when his last arrow hits, the orcs turn in your general direction and start charging.

WarShrike

First Post
[SBLOCK=hellrazor111] [{Speed:40ft} They are 60ft away, moving at half speed] So if i understand correctly, they are moving towards Navar-Eth at 20ft/round? Oh, and how many are there, roughly? Not wasting a round just to count them.[/SBLOCK]

Navar-Eth smiles at the Orcs. "Come then, wretches. Were there not other lives at stake here, i'd see to it your deaths weren't so quick!" Still grinning, he lets loose annother shaft. 1d20+7=21, 1d8+3=4

Remove ads