Death of the Dragons IC

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
"Are you going to be here long?"
"That'll depend of what path the gods have chosen for me!"he says jokingly. "however, I wouldn't mind learning more about that monster story. Maybe that's I can earn my keep. If the story is true, Im sure someone would want to pay me and some adventurers to get rid of the beast."

hellrazor111

First Post
[Emi]
So he is an adventurer. He wants to take care of the monster. This attempt would seem impossible. But though not avalible here, Wyndia, the capital would pay for the riddence of the threat. This could be a chance to prove yourself to these people.

[Vimo]
Gorgonoth wants to slay the monster. Through the guard, you know that the moster takes the cattle, though its unknown why. The the king set a hefty ammount of gold on this beast, 13000gp to be exact....

[Gorgonoth]
You have started a conversation with Vimo & Emi, two intresting people. Emi, has an exotic look, a sorcerer, with what appears to be some dragon traits and she works for the local healer. And Vimo, despite his appearence helps the guard. Also from what you can tell, of course it could be the ale, a pretty good nature.
[
[sblock=Gorgonoth, Vimo, Emi]
While you are talking, a set of horns is sounded one after another. Seconds later, a drenched Bunyan runs in with a semi-worried look on his face, he explains the look with two words "Orc attack"
[/sblock]

[James]
I could take you back but its pouring now, my offer to spend the night still holds though. Your lucky you ran here, you were heading towards the currs territory after a couple of disputes, I claimed this part as my own. Suddenly a person approaches the camp asking "Hoy the camp! Merely a traveler here, out of McNeil, caught in the rain. May i dry myself by your fire?"

[Navar-Eth]
Looking breifly at you, one of the characters says "Welcome druid, you are always welcome to this camp, wheres your companion, the ape?" Though you don't remember him he knows you, though theres somthing about him you thimk you recognise.
[sblock=Navar-Eth]
Spot check DC9 to see if you recognise him
[/sblock]

[sblock=James, Navar-Eth]
Shortly after answering and (possibly) learning names, a deep horn is sounded from the forest, then another, suddenly torches come to life a distance off, headed toward the village
To tell whats going on, make a listen check DC12.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
[SBLOCK=hellrazor111] Spot Check 1d20+5=21
Listen Check 1d20+5=18
[/SBLOCK]

" Ahh, greetings Were-friend" says Navar-Eth. "Bronk awaits in the tree-line. Bronk! Come! It is curious to find you so close to the Curr's lair. Myself, i was tracking someone wandering in this direction. Might this be him?" Navar-Eth studies the other person as Bronk comes loping into the camp, stopping abruptly behind him. "You seem familliar, from McNeil village, arent you?"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Emi regards the stranger with skepticism...but curiosity as well.

"Wyndia, the capital...I'm sure they have a bounty on it, but no one around here's ever tried to collect. It's supposed to be huge! Why..."

She pauses as the alarm horns sound, and her eyes widen.

"Orcs!" Her eyes flick from Gorgonoth's sword to his face. "We'll need help at the walls...will you join us?"

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
"If he has any heart, we will gladly take up arms and help us fend off the Orcs!" Vimo says as he heads out the door, slightly upset he still has work to do.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
"Orcs!" Her eyes flick from Gorgonoth's sword to his face. "We'll need help at the walls...will you join us?"

"Of course, I wouldn't miss the party, as specially with such charming company!". On a more somber tone, he adds: "I've accepted this village's hospitality so I pledge my sword, or rather my guisarme, to protect it".

OCC: Hellrazor, FYI, the character sheet version posted on the RG is the not the updated one I posted a few weeks ago. The right one is here

Shayuri

First Post
Emi nods, then gestures for him to follow.

"Come on, we'd better hurry!"

She runs for the door of the inn, and heads out to help repulse the orcs.

WarShrike

First Post
"My name is Navar-Eth. I'm a Druid, and i've arrived in this region about a month ago. I hunt the enemies of nature wherever i travel, specializing in Orcs." explains Navar-Eth. "Thats what lead me here. Earlier this day i slew a band of Orcs. Their tracks intersected with those of someone else. I assume they were yours, for i followed them here. You are lucky you found this person's camp, for you were heading straight for the Curr's lair. I'd hoped to catch up before that happenned."

Navar-Eth pauses for a moment before continuing. As he is about to resume speaking, he is interrupted by the blaring of many horns. "Orcish war horns! I see torches in the distance. They must be preparing to assault McNeil village. You seem poorly equiped to help out your people. Here, rummage through this sack, it contains the loot i took off the Orcs. Though normally i keep what i take from my prey, this is an unusual circumstance, and you'll need arms if your going to help out.]

[SBLOCK=hellrazor111 and Dragonflame16] If these are the same orcs that ambushed James, his stolen equipment is in the sack. Feel free to take it and anything else the Orcs may have had, such as an Orcish sword and armor. [/SBLOCK]

Adressing the other man, Navar-Eth says "your assistance would be welcomed were-friend, if you are so inclined. Regardless, we need to move now, if we are to help McNeil. I doubt the village's meager walls can hold off a full blown assault. It would be best if we could thin their numbers before they reached their destination. He waits a few moments for James to equip himself, then with a nod to Bronk and his new allies, moves into the forest towards the moving points of light.

Remove ads