D&D 5E Decent Warlock build

Chaosmancer

Legend
Sorry, it's on the Hexblade list. I've recently created a Hexblade, which is a better close-range/melee Warlock.

Oh yeah, I was soooo tempted to make a hexblade, but the Fiend angle made more sense for the story and the Hexblade is still under construction.

I think the next version of it we see is going to be much better which makes me grin with possibilities.

kbrakke

First Post
I’ll admit, I’m mostly keeping Crown of Madness for out of combat insanity. The idea of casting it on a cultist during a meeting is just too visually appealing for me.

I may end up switching it, but what would I take in it’s place? That’s a rough thing I’m coming to realize, with limited slots per rest and no lower slots, most of my spells are a hard pill to swallow because they do not scale.

I am a firm believer in making an effective character, but if something fits the flavor to a T taking it over optimized options. In that vein, if you envision yourself using crown of madness I support you. I do think that spells like Hold person or Dispel Magic, or Hold Monster are overall more powerful. Hold person in particular with 5th level slots is very nice to set up any martials. But given your party make up and your goals it's really a marginal difference. If anything I would just keep these options in mind while you see how your character plays with the party. I really like the ability to swap spells every level, it lets you remove a bad option reasonably quickly.

Remove ads