• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deicide: The slaying of Cyric. 3.5 Epic

Shayuri

First Post
Right, that's what I was aiming at. The people in charge knew how to contact her if the need was great.

I'm thinking Damara right now. She was a baby given to the monks of Ilmater, and started life there...until her magic manifested, convincing the monks that her path lay elsewhere.

She roamed around, adventuring, and finally played a crucial role in turning back a second invasion from Vaasa (that I am totally just making up for the purpose of putting in my character's background). After that, she traveled Damara, setting up her network in preparation of her semi-retirement...and then went into seclusion.

Since Damara is a virtual mecca for adventurers of all stripes, they could easily have met there...or not. However you want to play it.

Mechanically, I'm still torn between a humanoid bard, and a pixie bard. Pixies lose 4 bard levels, which costs them +1 from Inspire Courage, and loses them the Inspire Heroism song. It also means they don't have access to 6th level spells. But they gain substantial DR, SR, perma-invis, and a wad of SLA's and attribute bonuses.

Any suggestions?

Myth and Legend

First Post
Things that break Leadership:

Full caster cohort with his own full caster cohort with his own full caster cohort etc. combined with Circle Magic from Red Wizard or Witch of Rashemen.

Full caster cohort with debuff or no-save-just-lose spells like Unluck.

Buffer caster cohort.

UMD + utility cohort (warlocks do well here, esp since they don't need any ability scores to be high)

Ubercharger cohort for that time when you need HP damage.

Battlefield control non-caster like Knight, or uber tank like Crusader.

Shayuri

First Post
...are those prohibitions, or suggestions? :)

Also, what character creation rules are in effect for cohorts as far as attributes, money, etc...?

Myth and Legend

First Post
Suggestions :)

Cohorts... Hmm. Aren't there rules for them? Like official rules? I know ethandrew made his cohort for the VOTD game without me needing to intervene.

Shayuri

First Post
There are, yes. By default, Cohorts get the NPC Elite attribute array, and standard starting cash by ECL for NPC's.

I'm fine with using those too, but I didn't want to take it for granted.

Cohort is definitely a 'buffer' spellcaster, and can actually pull some UMD fun as well.

That said, I don't anticipate having my cohort around for every fight, or even a lot of fights. Still, with perma-Greater Invisibility and Subsonics, it's entirely possible this bard could buff us with Inspire Courage, or a spell or two, and the enemies would never even know she was there. :)

Myth and Legend

First Post
hmm.. 4 players for this campaing were my ideal party. We have Voda, Shayuri, Gandalf and Malachei for now. Assuming you guys finish up the sheets. I know it can be rally bothersome to roll a lvl 20 caster :)

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...in my case a 20th level and a 17th level.

As much as I like the pixie idea, I don't think it fits my character's motif...this is not a 'fey' sorceress. Plus, a spymaster can't be impulsive and spritely.

Now that I've made up my mind, it won't take long. I'll make an IC post this week for certain.

Malachei

First Post
Excellent.

I thought in a campaign called Deicide, it might actually be a good idea to play GOD.

Ergo I'll make a Wizard (with the usual PrC shenanigans, and a nice background story twist). I guess I'll have the basic build by end of this week, and I hope you understand that completing it (spell selection...) will take me a few more days. Right now, I am thinking Incantatrix will be one of the core pillars, perhaps nicely supplemented by some additional defense (AbjCh). Do we have an IoSV yet?

Remove ads