[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Tapeworm

Gomez

First Post
Several days later at the offices of the Harrisonberg police station.

A detailed search of the abandoned health spa and surrounding area finds no trace of the people who lived there. But its occupants had hastily abandoned the complex less than an hour earlier. Based on the personal effects found and the number of rooms, it is estimated that as many as 40 people had lived in the health spa for decades. Seven vehicles were found parked on the property. No vehicle track could be found leaving the grounds. Tracker dogs were brought in, but the scent trails detected led into the drained swimming pool inside the health spa. Suspecting a secret passage, jackhammers were employed to excavate the swimming pool. No such passage was found.

No "official" organization writings were found, although numerous personal writing of the various members was. The membership refereed to their organization as "The Initiates of the Worm." There are multiple references made to something called "the Worm Mother," and to "the mysteries of the worm." Photographs and personal effects recovered by the police date from no more recently than 1934.

The lone person found in the complex is being held in a high security psychiatric ward. The fingerprint found on the 1932 driver's license belonging to a Roy Baty matches the individual in question.

Analysis of the brown liquid found in the pool showed bacteria, proteins, enzymes, and an unknown chemical. The same chemical was also found in the digestive tracks of the two men shot and killed outside of Doctor Hardiman's home. The two specimens recovered from the men's digestive tracts have been shipped to CDC headquarters in Atlanta for examination.

Hrothgar

First Post
"Well, Marcus. I guess its back to Atlanta for me and a quieter lifestyle," Jonathan runs his hand through his full hair and smiles. "Thanks for looking out for this naive doctor. I owe you my life. Take care."

Jonathan's trip back to Atlanta is full of mixed emotions. Glad to get back to his research, his mind continually revisits his experiences with Marcus Foster. What was the source of those parasites? Where did those people go? And what was the "Order of the Worm"? Maybe those books contained the necessary information... :]

Back at Atlanta, Jonathan gives direction to his research group regarding their current investigations on infectious diseases. In his little spare time, Jonathan begins a genomic analysis of the parasites for comparison to any known parasites or worms that have been already catagorized in nature. While waiting for his gels to run, Jonathan does a little reading if he has access to the books recovered at the health spa.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Jonathan, it was a pleasure. I hope we can meet again under better cirucmstances. I'm sure Dr. Hardiman's associates appreciate the dedication you showed in trying to save her.

Gomez

First Post
This ends the adventure Tapeworm!

A new delta Green adventure featuring Agent Marcus Foster and Dr. Johnathan Anderson will begin soon. What will result from Dr. Anderson's researches in his new found tomes? Will Agent Foster get a promotion? Stay Tuned!

Watch the Skys!

Hrothgar

First Post
Good game, Gomez. And yes, I have plenty of questions that I want answered! (And so does Jonathan!)

Excellent game, CH. Glad to know we will be gaming again the near future!

BTW,

Marcus Foster => Promotion = more work, stress, sanity loss

Jonathan Anderson => Mythos Tomes = sanity loss

Fair trade?

Remove ads