• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears-Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow Part II

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*Glamour purses her finger to her lips, and then her eyes light up.*

"Aha! Be right back," and she rushes out and comes back with a pair of long elegant white gloves, "Put these on, Sis! They're really really soft, and I think they would be a good match!"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abdiel:
[SBLOCK]
*Mhrazhar seems to think that Melody has the power to evade Detect Corruption or Detect Tainted, but he is sure that she cannot avoid the Smite attempt, so the Smite attempt will determine one way or the other if she is Tainted. Abdiel is not sure about the accuracy of this.*
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian T’Erilan, Male Altanian Hp's: 14/18

AbM[sblock]
[High Praetorian] To Mhrazhar:
[sblock]
Mhrazhar said:
"Submit her to Nemesis' Judgment. "
“Not gonna happen*,” Zykovian replied, determined. “All you’ve proven to me is that you’re a pompous wind-bag and that you’re hard of hearing. You should listen – we’re going after the gem now, you can come along and help your friend, and do your judging crap tomorrow, or you can lay there in a heap, ruining any chance we have of recovering the Crazan Arris – it’s your choice.”

OOC: *=Shepherd Book, “Serenity,” Firefly. [/sblock]
[Eldish][sblock]"I may have just turned his attention from Melody, stand ready,” Zykovian understated. [/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Eonthar

Explorer
Rystil:[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
*Mhrazhar seems to think that Melody has the power to evade Detect Corruption or Detect Tainted, but he is sure that she cannot avoid the Smite attempt, so the Smite attempt will determine one way or the other if she is Tainted. Abdiel is not sure about the accuracy of this.*

I have two other questions then:
1. If I smite unnatural and the creature that I am smiting is not unnatural - can I tell? Is there some kind of clue that tells you whether your smite worked or not?

2. If I use smite unnatural, can anyone else tell? Could I pretend to smite Melody but not actually do it? Would this fool Mhrazhar?

Thanks.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Molpe Lilypetals: Limnad/Female (Siren)

[sblock]“Oh,” Molpe says with some surprise as she pulls the glove on, “they’re quite lovely, sis, I should have the fireflies learn it too, huh, sis?” [/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Melody

OOC: Our DSL line was malfunctioning yesterday and most of today, so I couldn't check in earlier.

AbM:

[SBLOCK]Melody keeps moving all the time, obviously she wants to get away from Mhrazhar, but the fast Mojiin keeps up with her pace easily. Still she twists and turns to avoid getting attacked and carefully makes her way towards another temple.

She has fresh burn marks on her back, where part of her clothing is melted away, probably from some spell fired at her while she fled; the wounds look fairly serious.

As Melody notices Zykovian and Fedowin, she yells at them, but she does not slow down one bit and quickly vanishes around the next corner.

(Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“Stop this fool! But don't kill him! He seems to believe the crazy Sacra; their priests tried to kill me! I don't even know what's wrong!”[/SBLOCK]

As soon as she comes near a guarded temple of a less questionable faith or a guard patrol, she will move towards and behind them and say:

(Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“Help me! I need protection! But please, don't kill the Mojiin, he's only confused, I believe! Just stop him from hurting me somehow!”[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mhrazhar, Mojiin Avenger

AbM [sblock]
As Abdiel approaches Mhrazhar's demeanor seems to lessen in intensity and calms considerably as they talk.

[Mojiin] To Abdiel
[sblock]
Abdiel said:
"So you mean to use your ability to smite... I would hate to waste this ability.."
"Sister, yes, that is what I am asking. There are those who are much more sensitive than we are to the corrupted souls that walk. I do not know your Melody and I do not believe that you do either. The Sacra High Priestess saw something and that should worry you. It does not matter what they think or see. In the end, all that matters is Nemsis' Judgment and the safety of Arris. If you trust her and believe her innocent then there is nothing to be lost. Thinking that a Taij is in your midst is not something to take lightly, especially when on your fairytale quest.

Can you really put a price on piece of mind. She will need to lower all of her defenses so that we can be sure. I do not know if there are magics that you posses that can determine this. Channel Nemesis' wrath, and Her judgment will be known. If all is as you believe it, your Melody will gain my trust and maybe even Zykovian, as well. He seems very loyal to her and to you. Maybe I have misjudged your choice of companions.
"[/sblock]

Mhrazhar puts his hand affectionately to Abdiels shoulder and continues:

[Mojiin][sblock]"Sister, I do not make a forest of a seedling. I know you understand the importance of what I say. They trust you and I know that I have yet to earn their trust. Your support can end this and if you do this I will join your quest til the end. If you are right and you believe as strongly as you seem to, it would be a mistake for me to not accompany you to ensure the safety of the Crazen Arris."
[/sblock][/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abdiel:
[SBLOCK]
1) You know if the Smite fails. It might have failed for other reasons, but typically it means they are not unnatural
2) If you make a Bluff check opposed by Sense Motive, he shouldn't be able to tell
[/SBLOCK]

Eonthar

Explorer
Abdiel Lyanthra

All but Molpe:[SBLOCK]Abdiel arrives at the scene where Mhrazhar and Zykovian are having it out, and Melody has rushed past in search of further protection.

Abdiel and Mhrazhar have a discussion in Mojiin that seems to calm down Mhrazhar a little:
(in Mojiin)[SBLOCK]
"Sister, I will discuss the possibility of Melody letting me use Arris' defense, or Nemesis' wrath as you would call it. If she will let me do this, we will determine whether or not she is Tainted. If not, then we will discuss this at that point, but I will not allow you to hurt her until we have determined whether or not she is Tainted, and since I am the only one that can do this at the moment you are not to touch her. Now, you seem to have upset Zykovian, let me calm him down, and see if I can get Melody to come back."[/SBLOCK]

He then turns towards Zykovian and his companion, and calls for Melody to come back and join them. Once she does, whether she is accompanied by a guard patrol or not, he will continue in Seelie [SBLOCK]
"Zykovian, please calm down. I do not know what transpired between Mhrazhar and yourself, but I would ask you to please excuse her. Sometimes her complete focus on dealing with the perceived enemies of Arris, blind her to reality. I have calmed her down now, and if we can prove that Melody is not Tainted, as the church of Sacra would have us believe, then Mhrazhar will be a faithful companion who will throw herself fully into whatever we are doing."

"Melody, do not worry about Mhrazhar, she will not hurt you. If she does she will have to see that my vengeance can be great as well. Mhrazhar would like us to perform a test to see if you are indeed Tainted. You should consider yourself lucky that she cannot perform this test today, for she would be as gentle as I can be. I can also perform this test. I can understand your reluctance at undergoing this test, but if we do not do this, then I do not believe that we will be able to continue our hunt today, and we may lose the Crazan Arris because of it. Now, please think carefully, do you know of any reason why the priests of Sacra would think that you are Tainted? If not, then you should feel safe in taking the test. If there is, then we will have to talk further."
[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
"If you like them, then sure! I think they look quite elegant on you! And I guess this is more important to tell you if you are going to have firefly gloves, but I guess its fun to know for everything--since the fireflies aren't really a fabric, just an extension of your aura, whenever you initiate contact with something, you can choose whethere or not to allow it to pass through, so you could still touch things with your bare fingers while wearing the firefly gloves, and still look great wearing them! Pretty neat, huh Sis?"
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads