Dice bag vs app

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
For in-person games, the group I play with insists on physical dice.

But do to my job and travel schedule, most of our games are run online using Foundry. We use the "Dice So Nice!" add in that uses graphics of 3d dice rolling with realistic sound effects. It is the most satisfactory option for my group for rolling digitally during on-line games.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Dice if I'm in person and a player. App, obviously, for VTT and if I am an in person GM (saves so much time.)

aco175

Legend
We only use P&P and physical dice. My father should use an app since he keeps bouncing them out of the tray I bought him, but then I would have to keep showing him how to turn it on.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I use actual physical dice, unless I'm using my computer for more than just communication. So the games I run on Discord as chats--dice. The games I play on VTT or at least have the character sheet on the computer--dice roller. I have an app on my phone, because sure, but it rarely sees serious use.

RivetGeekWil

Lead developer Tribes in the Dark
Still use physical dice. I have two different All Rolled Ups for my dice and pencils that I alternate between. So less a dice bag than a dice satchel-thing.

Last edited:

Remove ads