• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did you cry during ROTK?

Did you cry during ROTK?

• Yes

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 57 33.7%

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A simple yes or no poll.
No need to post here as this is, obviously, a private matter.

Crying includes tears welling up in your eyes, even if you made no outward, noticeable gesture of sadness.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

First Post
There were sniffles in all directions, though I managed to control myself. :cool:

Taking my wife next week, I suspect she'll need to bring a box of tissues. She's a movie crier.

Tsyr

Explorer
No, although the departure of the elves from Middle Earth always chokes me up conceptualy, I've read the books too many times to have cried.

Wormwood

Adventurer
No tears at RotK, I'm afraid (I know the books too well...which lead to it's own set of problems unfortunately)

I generally don't cry at movies. I tend to bottle up those feelings so that I can release them inappropriately at loved ones.

Fyrie

Explorer
Although I got misty-eyed many times in FoTR, I didn't shed a tear for RoTK. I have read the book too many times for the dialogue between Frodo and Sam to choke me up. However, I did feel a tug on my heart when everyone bowed to the little guys.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Yes, and more at the 2nd time than the first. I guess my first viewing I was too overwhelmed.
(There goes my image. :D )

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

Movie moved to fast to be moving...hehe. I weep when I read the books, but no weepage for the movie. Just when I started to get into the scene, it jumped to another scene. Really screwed up alot of the emotionally powerful scenes like the death of Theoden and Sam picking up Frodo IMO.

kengar

First Post
I misted up a few times, but no tears fell. Even though I have read the books many times, some of the visuals were especially moving. Pippin singing to Denethor as Faramir charged Osgiliath was incredibly poignant, for example.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads