Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, he's staying in the inn, though if the past few days are any indication, I don't imagine he'll be back until nightfall or thereabouts."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I guess I'll have to wait for him there. Think you could at least describe him to me?" She asks sweetly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Why certainly, little lady. He's pretty distinctive because he's not a Valsian, just like you. So his hair is drab rather than a nice bright colour, and his eyes are blue like yours--actually, if you two were Valsians, the blue would mean you were one of those Ecomancers, but I've met folks from other worlds, so I know better."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, my father was Valsian." She says with a smile. "Thank you, you've been quite helpfull." She stands up, and then remembers, "Oh, is there any place I find a bit of spring water?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Heh, spring water? On this desolate blasted planet? Not around hereabouts anyway--at least not since they killed that Marrik fellow what was helping preserve that oasis they burned up. A pity really. He was a nice fellow, and he wasn't hurting anyone."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha is taken a bit aback, not expecting to hear of her father. "What do you know of Marrik?" she asks, in a slightly waivering voice.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh you know, he was an Ecomancer who lived hereabouts years back. Not very popular with the Dragonlords, he was, and I guess his strong stand against them got him killed. Bit of a local hero around these parts for a while though, though folks were afraid to admit it too loudly for fear of retribution--myself, I'm still sorry I never spoke up in his favour before he died...I would be sorry if he didn't know we appreciated what he did. He kept up a nearby oasis, y'know?--and unlike some of the others what managed to pull off such a feat, he always let the townsfolk who would make the trek over there use the water and plants there for free. I know that when my daughter was a wee baby, she was very sick, and she surely would have died if not for an herb that grew in Marrik's oasis. Sorry if I bore you with old tales, little lady."

Bront

The man with the probe
"No, it's not boring at all." She says, smiling while whiping a tear away from her eye. "That's what I'm here about actualy, to learn more about him and what happened to him. You see, I'm his daughter."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, you're little Vasha?" the man asks, as his eyes widen a bit in surprise, "But what happened to your hair?--Did you dye it? You should be careful, though...the Dragonlords may try to hurt you on account of your pa."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha blushes at being called little, "I've following in my mother's footsteps as much as my father's. It's strengthened my connection with the land, as I can feel the love of Arris stronger than before. And I don't think the dragonlords will be much of a problem since you didn't even know who I was till I told you. I'll just try to be as discrete about it as I can." She says with a smile. "But I was given two names to find out more about... Marrik, and Gralas was one of them. I realy do hope I can find him, so I guess I'll have to find that man you were speaking of."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads