Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

Laurel

First Post
down boy, down!

--Och! Mik warn me first- go back to playing with _________ (fill in the blank) If you did not answer 'your car clock' you are wrong!
I will only say on the emotional issues- I agree with some points made above and Gerti those points (I think) were not directed at any one person, because I know I have been the cause of some (Something I can only try not to do again). This is my first game, so I like both Roll and Role playing though roll playing is much easier to get the hang of and hey killing is always fun in Kat's book :) But a good balance is cool to play with. Also moral dilemma’s are fun in my book because they change your character maybe not how you want, but that is part of growing which your character is doing! I also really like this campaign because it is so different and thanks to kennon really has that unique feel.

-Kat-

sorry kind of re-peat I did not think the other posted!

Last edited:

Probably going to be a LONG post...

First-- about the drama...

This is childish. We are all stressed out. We do lots of things... plan weddings, go to school, work (some full time), participate in theatrical productions... the list goes on and on.
However, being stressed is no excuse for wailing on your friends and making personal attacks about characters we've all invested lots of time in. Wail to them, not on them-- please.

Now-- I hope that we can all leave this behind us and get on with the game.

:)

Second point-- About the leadership...
Once again, Justice is all for the leadership position. I am more than willing to invest the time and the effort (outside of school, homemaking, and everything else I'm involved in) to learn the ways of military tactics.

Moreover, Justice is already a well rounded diplomat (+25 to Diplomacy-- not quite as high as Xath... but, if I ever need her to speak to a group of people for me-- I hope that she would accept the invitation).

Third-- Group Unity
Well, this entire ideal was kind of disrupted tonight... but, I hope that we can utilize the break over the next weekend to work through all of the out of game negativity so that, when we get back together, we can have a fun, productive, and less confused adventure.

However, I think that group unity is going to come through a group quest..

And so, I proudly present #4!

Fourth-- The Quest..
We have a couple options

Find the blades ourselves-- this means taking on a fairly large task... and it also means that the evil-ness is going to be trying to get them from us.
So, if we manage to get the blades, we then have to find a way to raise an army to protect them...

Raise a rebel army and let the bad guys find the blades so that we can use that army to take back the blades.
This would include things like roping in alienated populations (ie high elves and wizards) to fight with us... all the while we are acquiring this army, the king and the dragon people are gathering the blades and we, once we've gotten this army-- will go steal them back, save the princess, and beat the game! *cue victory music*

I believe that the blades are the key to winning the throne and giving it to Jane. So, as I see it, they are the key to moving forward in the game

The optionis are sort of circular... get the blades and raise an army or do it the other way around... The two tasks will certainly overlap if the opportunity presents itself...
These may seem like "goals" but, if we can get the entire group unified under one goal we can start to make PLANS! This is where the largest amount of group strife comes from... massive confusion because we all have goals that don't necessarily coincide...
We need to select a puropse--stick with it--and from that comes the plans.

This probably all seems a little confusing-- and, granted, I am rambling--but, it will become more clear once I have the time to actually write everything out in detail..

Right now, I request a vote: find the swords ourselves or get an army and fight for them...

Let me know what you think: lizbauman@cox.net

For now, I'm done...

Stuff

I agree-- oath rocks!

Magical scrying and the like can be useful, as well--we can give it a try however, I wonder if they won't have a protection against it.

Team Sneak has lots of stuff already worked out-- aside from being super sneaky, we'll have non-detection for them and invisibility for the cross over no man's land just outside of the city.
Archon and L'Aurel have worked hard to become as super freakin' sneaky as they are--might as well take advantage of it! :)

In a way Oceanus is the main source. We can easily assume that one of the blades is there--and that the individuals searching for it have information that we don't. We need to get our hands on it.
When Oceanus is ours, we continue on the quest for the rest of the blades--beginning with the Isle of Mourning because it's right next door.

I'm working on figuring out where all the portals are--we found a couple at the beginning of the campaign...
But, I don't think that they should be destroyed. First, I think we need to look for a way to cleanse them and "lock" them--the cleansing process when wrong last time--let's see if we can do it right this time because they could be a very useful tool.

Last edited:

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
Secondly, also please send me your character sheets, small blurbs about your character, your news, and any character history you have. Whoever has the quotes, could you send those too please? And anything else you think you would be cool on the website.
Okay so a little behind, but here is L'Aurel's backstory/description -sorry not at my home computer much where I have all this stuff :)

Attachments

• Description & back story.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 66

The_Universe

First Post
Thanks Kat! I just e-mailed you, asking where the exalted document was! Crazy!

The Exalted document, in particular, is very important. Those of you who were on the path, read the document. Even those of you that have lost it,read it, and then we'll talk about how far you have to go.

For those of you trying to atone for lost exultation, look back over the document. Now, try to imagine something even MORE stringent than the stuff I wrote up. That's the kind of extreme, saintly goodnes that you'll need to perform before you can access the exalted powers. If that sounds too hard, start thinking of a new direction for your character. There will be NO exceptions.

Also, the next part of the game may be lethal. VERY lethal. My standard rule is that new characters start 4 levels behind the lowest level member of the group. However, resurrection of some sort may be available, at a price. You know that Fr. Dorn sometimes has that power, but that you won't be coming back as yourself, exactly should he emerge from his insanity enough to use it.

Confusion

If someone could let me know what's up with the breakfast email, I would really appreciate it.

I have lots of things to say... information to share... but, I think I'm supposed to be waiting on the email to share it... I don't really know. I don't exactly understand how this whole things works, to begin with...
I have no clue what's going on with it...

Should I just be sending out plans and stuff in emails/posting it on the board... or should I continue waiting?

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I have lots of things to say... information to share... but, I think I'm supposed to be waiting on the email to share it... I don't really know. I don't exactly understand how this whole things works, to begin with...
I have no clue what's going on with it...

Should I just be sending out plans and stuff in emails/posting it on the board... or should I continue waiting?
The breakfast club basically happens before all this other stuff happens, so everyone can do whatever with the other info they have gotten- post which goes to all, e-mail to some, forget about the info gained, try to memorize each word, erase everything dealing with it :) Obviously, I think we prefer the simple post to all my other suggestions.
Along those same lines I still have the conversations I was involved in, so let me know if anyone wants me to post them or if someone needs to look back at anything before posting.... ?....

The_Universe

First Post
Kat--your timeline appears to be correct according to my notes. Somewhere in there will be Team Sneak's attempt to infiltrate the Palace in Oceanus, but I am not sure when. Before you get too deep into the planning stages, you probably need to do that, somehow.

It might be a good idea to see if you and Archonus can sneak in, and then somehow get the rest of the group to help you once you're inside the walls. Teleporting them in would be easy, because of the portal stone you found. Teleporting them all back out would be less so, I think.

I might have an idea about that, though.... hmmmm. *puts on thinking cap*

Laurel

First Post
"I might have an idea about that, though.... hmmmm. *puts on thinking cap*"

Do tell.... Also, I am not planning or not trying to at least, but just trying to make sure I actually know what L'aurel is supposed to know and what is public knowledge and such...

Remove ads