• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
creamsteak said:
Gnomeworks, you worry about too much at one time.

Too much dew will do that to you. ;)

Sorry... I am very excited to see this. For some reason, this thing gets me going... I really look forward to it starting.

Keep it simple, we will add things as we get going. The first thing that I'm going to do is open a Rogues Gallery soon (I'm leaving for my University Wednesday, so prolly after that, but I might get excited and do it early). Then I'll wait till 10 or so 1st level characters are placed (really just stat blocks to start, maybe a general history). Then I'm going to make a thread that describes the first city, something that fits in anywhere.

Hmm... well, I'm putting a char in there after I see it open. Oh, and btw, if you're interested, I drew up a crappy map in paint of an area surrounding a tavern. Not much detail to it... but it's a start.

Main reason that I ask about allowing your FF conversion is because I'd love a chance to use my blue mage concept.

Then I open up the Tavern thread, and let players start discussing, let some role-playing come out through there. From there, I leave my comp for about 3 days, while I write a suitable 1st level adventure. Then I introduce my hook to the bar and see if I get a bite. Meanwhile someone else will be working on the other adventure that might or might not intersect with my own.

Hmm... play a char, run a game... play a char, run a game...

Then when that's over, I'll add more to the setting. Maybe at that point we will really begin to introduce psionics (possibly waiting until after the 3.5 book comes out, scheduling some kind of world changing event or something).

I'll help with the introduction of psionics, if you'll let me.

What do you think of that?

I like! :D

Drew

Explorer
I don't know how much I'll be able to play, but this is one of the coolest things I've ever heard. Count me in as a player once it gets up and going.

I hereby sign my gaming soul over to Creamsteak

To put this simply I want in, and I want in big time. I have been active on these boards for only two months now and been slowly trying to learn the systems enough to run my own game. Screw my own game I want a part of a new world. Just to give SC his dues this is brilliant. I am in a game with him where he creativly developed a cleric that uses scrolls over spells and its just fascinating to see him take a game mechanic and turn it into brilliant roleplaying. Now this an idea that can spark 1,000,000 other ideas from every player on enworld. Well I want in on the ground floor. As I said I will throw all I have into this. Im a boring ol college student with way to much free time on his hands so I might as well put it to some use in heping this thing grow. Just give me a task CS and I will perform.

::bows to the gaming guru::

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
CS, truly a marvelous jump-off for this.
I tried to do the same thing with my 'The Dungeon' game, but i merely got stuck DMing myself (OK, so my 5 games should show that I love DMing).
I would happily DM/Judge as well, since the concept (Ars Magica style) appeals to me to a great degree.

I have recently been lurking in the cartography thread (I usually just visit the Talking/Playing threads, truth be known) and perhaps we could enlist one /several of those folks to do a Map?
I can go dig about and ask, if you like.

-Uriel

Creamsteak

Explorer
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
CS, truly a marvelous jump-off for this.
I tried to do the same thing with my 'The Dungeon' game, but i merely got stuck DMing myself (OK, so my 5 games should show that I love DMing).
I would happily DM/Judge as well, since the concept (Ars Magica style) appeals to me to a great degree.

I have recently been lurking in the cartography thread (I usually just visit the Talking/Playing threads, truth be known) and perhaps we could enlist one /several of those folks to do a Map?
I can go dig about and ask, if you like.

-Uriel

Great idea. Absolutely awesome idea. I'll start a thread in that forum immediately.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Re: I hereby sign my gaming soul over to Creamsteak

Casar Couer De' Lion said:
-Snip-
Just give me a task CS and I will perform.
-Snip-

I'm not good at accepting postive criticism, so I'll leave it at thanx.

ES2

First Post
Count me in as a player in this project. This is one of the coolest ideas I have heard/read in a long, long time.

I already know what kind of character I want to play. Are there any other character creation restrictions beyond the above in the first couple posts?

Badger

First Post
I'm in...

With what little I can offer, I'd love to get in...the boards have become my sole outlet for gaming, and I'd love to give something back for all the fun I'm having.

I don't know if I'm ready to sit in the big chair as a DM, but I can throw ideas for deities out, as well as some ideas for some feats here and there.

Look foward to learning/reading more as this develops...

Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads