Discussion of Scotley's Pathfinder game (closed)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mike L is playing an Oracle, so he'll have healing spells, and Bards get Cure spells as well. Where the lack of a Cleric will hurt is in the Channel Energy dept.

Scotley

Hero
Any room for a summoner? I was in HolyMan's game, and it'd be fun to try the character I made for that one again.

Let me chat with the rest of the group since this was sort of private affair. This little game was intended for the group of old friends that has been playing together since high school. I won't say just how long ago that was, but there are lots of folks on ENWorld who weren't even born when we started playing. :cool:

I'm sure you are well known to most if not all the group and will likely be welcome (I already got one thumbs up and I'm in favor). I must warn you that you'd be subject lots of inside humor and we'd likely try to drag you to our annual retreat in the wilds of north Arkansas about this time next year.

I've also recently read some rather disparaging comments about Summoners spoiling the fun for the other classes by calling up an Eidolon who can exceed the abilities of characters in various rolls. Let me do a little reading before okaying a Summoner.

Meanwhile your presence is requested over here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/302414-scotleys-d-d-4th-edition-swashbuckler-30.html

Scotley

Hero
Think Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider
VadimNazdravan.png

VadimNazdravanPortrait01.png

Hey, he even looks a little like the guy from the second Tomb Raider movie...

I've been wanting to play a magus....
I downloaded the Carrion Crown Players Guide. Looks interesting. What's with you and the liches?

What is it with you and Gishes (fighter/mage types)? In all honestly I picked Carrion Crown more for the location than the villain since the group expressed interest in Ustalav (sp?)

OK, that settles it! If we've got two other sword-swinging characters, my character is definitely taking at least one level of Rogue. And maybe he'll be a Cleric with Levels in Rogue. (Nah, probably not.)

Besharnn will be his name. <-- he's named for the sound a greatsword makes when drawn from its sheath. Daddy Orc liked big swords. Besharnn? Ehhh, not so much. He prefers a Halberd, but carries a short sword as a back-up.

You know what? Maybe Besharnn will just be a Half-Orc Ranger instead and get his skills that way.

[sblock=Besharnn]
Besharnn, Ranger3, Half-Orc

22 point-buy:
S 15 (7 pts)
D 14 (5 pts) +2 racial adjustment
C 14 (5 pts)
I 12 (2 pts)
W 12 (2 pts)
C 11 (1 pt)

Final Ability Scores: S 15 (+2), D 16 (+3), C 14 (+2), I 12 (+1), W 12 (+1), C 11 (+0)

Languages: Common, Orcish, Draconic

HP:13+11+11=35 [fixed hp + con mod + favored class mod]
BAB: +3
CMB: +5
CMD: 18

Feats:
L1 - Dodge (+1 Dodge bonus to AC)
L3 - Mobility (+4 AC against AoO from movement)

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21)
TBD

Favored Weapons:
Halberd (P or S) 1-10, crit X3, brace, trip
Short Sword (P) 1-6, crit 19-20 X2
[/sblock]

A very orc-worthy name! I like.

My former character, the halfling in the previous game, was a cleric/rogue. It's playable.

It does look like no one wants to play a cleric in this game. I wonder how Scotley will handle that.... TPK?

:devil:

I'll get my character together this weekend. I'm stoked to play another 6 year game! :)

Me too! Unless I end up with Lou's feared Total Party Kill. Part of the reason for going with an adventure path instead of rolling my own this time around was a desire to get up and running quickly. It could take weeks to get things going otherwise.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
What is it with you and Gishes (fighter/mage types)? In all honestly I picked Carrion Crown more for the location than the villain since the group expressed interest in Ustalav (sp?)

I can switch to a straight cleric. When I have played a gish? I'm more of a mystic theurge kind of guy.

Scotley

Hero
I can switch to a straight cleric. When I have played a gish? I'm more of a mystic theurge kind of guy.

I was thinking of your recent sword mages, but I was mostly just being a smart a$$. Play what makes you happy. I expect we'll manage.

J. Alexander

First Post
Sorceror

I am working on mine should be able to download hero lab this weekend in flesh him out but as it stands he will be an ifrite sorecore with the firebloodine..

As to the newbie,,i really dont have a dog in the fight as i have been absent so long

Remove ads