Discussion of Scotley's Pathfinder game (closed)

J. Alexander

First Post
I agree with the rule
but i think it was a great role play..just because we know the rules does not mean a character understands all the mechanics..it is magic...and expermentation often leads to unexepted results..Bravo to the role play

mleibrock

First Post
Thanks for the support guys, I'm gonna keep trying to be as inventive as I can possibly be. Falco is a young buck and does not truly understand his magic. He feels he channels his priest mentor so I think it might be in his character to relate one spell to any number of circumstances.

Again, my apologies to Scotley as I'm gonna test him I'm sure. I will not take it personally if you shoot me down every time. Falco will see everything as a learning opportunity.

Thanks for indulging me, fun stuff.

Scotley

Hero
No worries. I'm always up for a little creativity. I gave you a chance to have a beneficial impact. You certainly won't always get the result you hope for and it is safe bet that you will eventually do something with unintended, possibly dangerous, consequences. Toying with magic as minor and Cantrips means that your payoff will be small, but the risk will be minimal as well. Now start monkeying around with say 3rd level spells and get it way wrong and somebody could wind up dead. Especially if they fail 6 saves in a row! Then a failed heal check on top of that. The odds have to be like 1 in a 100.

Rhun

First Post
but i think it was a great role play..just because we know the rules does not mean a character understands all the mechanics..it is magic...and expermentation often leads to unexepted results..Bravo to the role play

For the record, I agree with this 100%...I love the concept of a character that isn't quite sure what his limitations are and tries to use his magic creatively. Mike does an awesome job of roleplaying, and I am a big fan of his character.

Rhun

First Post
I may be an attorney, but you're definitely the RULES LAWYER here! Phooey on you, Spoilsport! :p

What can I say? After 9 months of ongoing legal battles, I'm starting to consider myself something of a lawyer. Hell, even my attorney said I should think about going to law school. :D

Leif

Adventurer
Changing the Subject: Have you guys noticed the Weight Watchers ads on ENWorld? Is [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] trying to tell us something??

Leif

Adventurer
I think he saw my status and decided to take a chance.
Possibly. But I have been filled with remorse lately and pining for my 'skinny days.' At least you're actively trying to do something about it. Many of us just keep right on eating and swelling. :(

Remove ads